Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You probably have already seen this, found it works pretty well for storage of a bar and chain. This the cross tube on my 220R loader, 42 inch bar and I think is a 12 foot chain. The plugs are call 3" mechanical test plugs from Home Depot, about $6 each. Figured a good place to store a chain and bar when running a stump bucket and working in the woods.
Automotive tire Green Grass Gas Body jewelry

Wheel Green Motor vehicle Automotive tire Crankset

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow! That's some seriously clean tractor loader, chain, and pry bar. Reminds me of years ago when I pulled out a brand new chain, and a farm kid said he'd never seen chain that color before. His dad had to inform him that new chains look like that - they don't come pre-rusted.
Tractor is only a few months old and only worked snow so far. I have other seasoned chains in other locations where I use them, same as bars. So new location, a new chain and bar. Besides, did not want to cut down one of my other bars, so this one was a 48" from Harbor Freight that I cut to 42" to fit in tube.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Wonder what size the tube is on the 120R loader. I keep my chain in the storage cubby but I could use the space. I think I saw a YouTube video GWT did on it. Just too lazy to try and find it.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Thanks!!! Watched it and he never did say what size. Just have to take the tape measure out and see for myself.

·
Super Moderator
4,113 Posts
An Oatey 33402 is a 3" plug. I didn't watch the video... just looking at the picture posted above.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.