Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, I need some advice! I finally found a dealer that will take my 220R NSL in on trade.

I made up a package of:

220R MSL
JD 3rd function, which includes loader lines(I install, no biggie)
57" heavy duty bucket
AV20F 53" Grapple
Frontier AP10 42" forks

My loader has never been used by the previous owner or me. I never used it as it looks brand new, and planned on trading it in on a MSL. So here is the deal. They are giving me 2520.00 as a trade in (low I know), but my total price out the door with trade in, is 4330.00.

The MSL is important to me for the self leveling, and just as important the extra lifting capacity, to lift wood filled totes, and grapple use. My wife will be using 2032R, while I run the cabbed 4720 during wood processing, and overall tree clean-up. We have a lot of dying ash to deal with in the woods and brush rows.

I was planning to add the extra attachments even if I couldn't trade in NSL loader. With supply and demand being what it is, Dealer has everything but MSL and 3RD function in stock, but scattered across dealer network. MSL the longest wait.

SO, do I do this ASAP, or keep my loader. I think I should have already signed the papers, before the Dealer changes there minds. Over 17 % off list.

What say you.

Allen.

·
Premium Member
8,780 Posts
I say if it does not keep you from feeding your family, or keeping roof over your head, buy it. You only live once.
Better that, then leaving your heirs a pile of $$$$

·
Premium Member
Tator
15,738 Posts
I say if it does not keep you from feeding your family, or keeping roof over your head, buy it. You only live once.
I agree 100%, except, you only die once, but you live every day. Life is better with the toys that you want.

This is how I looked at it; Lots of people spend 8-10K on a BH that they may only use a few times each year, I use my FEL nearly every time I start the tractor. How many implements do each of own that cost a couple of grand or more that we only put 10 hrs per year on? If that's what you want and you our your family won't have to sacrifice then go for it.

PS

Trading my NSL for the MSL was the best investment I've made with the tractor, besides the tractor itself of course.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree 100%, except, you only die once, but you live every day. Life is better with the toys that you want.

This is how I looked at it; Lots of people spend 8-10K on a BH that they may only use a few times each year, I use my FEL nearly every time I start the tractor. How many implements do each of own that cost a couple of grand or more that we only put 10 hrs per year on? If that's what you want and you our your family won't have to sacrifice then go for it.

PS

Trading my NSL for the MSL was the best investment I've made with the tractor, besides the tractor itself of course.
Thanks, and I agree. I was more looking for thoughts on the numbers. looks like trading loader in is only costing about 800.00 to get the MSL. Given the curent climate, should I ask them to sharpen their pencil, or run to sign the papers.

Allen.

·
Registered
58 Posts
the numbers only matter to you if it works for you and fits your needs and as was mentioned doesn't upset your daily budget, your call

·
Premium Member
7,940 Posts
My advice is do this before they change their minds. 6 months ago I would have said I will give you more than they offered but since the MSL came out I would rather buy one of them.

·
Premium Member
Tator
15,738 Posts
Thanks, and I agree. I was more looking for thoughts on the numbers. looks like trading loader in is only costing about 800.00 to get the MSL. Given the curent climate, should I ask them to sharpen their pencil, or run to sign the papers.

Allen.
My dealer took very good care of me when I traded, but your numbers seem pretty good to me. It took my dealer 6 months to sell my NSL, and that is the only problem. Most dealers have very little interest in sitting on a used loader, I know yours has never been used but it is still a used loader, so looking at the number that they gave you I think they're being fair.

·
Registered
2021 2038r MSL
21 Posts
Sounds pretty fair. I probably spent too much. Bought a 2038R that was already on the way to the dealer with the NSL loader. To switch to the MSL, they took the loader off mine and ordered another machine with no loader to put the NSL on when it arrives. They charged me $1,500 to do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2020 2038R w220R MSL
152 Posts
I'd get a price trading tractors with loaders. There is a saving for the dealer not having repeat the install process. Your almost new tractor will sell at very near new price in this market. You may have to wait a couple of months to get a tractor. Just something to think about.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
I echo the others, if you're happy with the deal and it's not a burden to the wallet, there is no good reason not to. I keep telling my FIL to buy the cabbed gator (Ranger actually) he wants, he should enjoy it now, you should too!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Assuming you are going to keep the loader/accessories 20 years that works out to be about $200/yr. I think you will get your moneys worth out of it.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you have the cash, run, don’t walk, straight to that dealer before they close for the day.

Oh, and I would be doing business with them from now on!
Closed the deal! Going up tomorrow to pick up 3rd function kit (it's in), Forks (had), and grapple (they transferred from another store). Dealer working on a Dealer to Dealer swap for the MSL, and HD bucket (new), for my used NSL with standard bucket.

Allen.

·
Premium Member
Tator
15,738 Posts

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Welcome to the cool club, we're just same as the guys with the NSL's, only cooler.
View attachment 784336
Thanks for admittance. I always was the "COOL" Uncle. Glad to be in, it was not easy. In all ways. MAN were they busy! You don't really know how bad it is for the dealers until you watch it for a couple hours. I mean I knew, but now I really know, but They were professional. Handled it all.

Allen.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts