Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2210 with 900 hrs. All fluids and filters changed 8 months ago. Have another 100 hrs before another change required.
When I start tractor in the morning the yellow overtemp idiot light blinks once every 2 min. Once engine warms up light no longer blinks.
Coolant in radiator and overflow is full.
Fan is turning fine.
No leaks detected.
Does the blinking at all RPMs
Water pump changed 1.5 yrs ago. Any ideas????
Thx much.

·
Premium Member
1,360 Posts
and the oil is full?

·
Premium Member
12,775 Posts
I would start by checking the connection at the temp sending unit which is shown in the screen shot below as item number 12. It's on the side of the water pump.

According to the parts catalog, there are three electrical parts involved in the function of the Temp Sending Unit. Here is a link to the parts book page which lists and shows these three parts.

The three parts are the sending unit, a timer unit and also the flasher unit.

If you have a Technical Service Manual, its likely to help with the detailed schematics and well as the theory of operation. When the water pump was replaced, I would imagine the old temp sending unit was transferred over to the new pump housing. Perhaps the connection is now loose or corroded.

There is likely a test procedure for the temp sending unit in the TSM, or if you don't have the TSM, it could be replaced at the cost of $19.24. It's John Deere part number CH15516 as shown below.

I didn't see any mention of the water temp light in the Owners Manual other than to state it should turn off within 10 seconds of starting the engine and to reduce the engine load anytime the light is displayed during tractor operation. Starting with connections and looking for corrosion would be the start. Replacing the sending unit would be next as how much time do you want to spend testing a $20 part?

Rectangle Font Parallel Diagram Engineering

Attachments

Reactions: Super55

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would start by checking the connection at the temp sending unit which is shown in the screen shot below as item number 12. It's on the side of the water pump.

According to the parts catalog, there are three electrical parts involved in the function of the Temp Sending Unit. Here is a link to the parts book page which lists and shows these three parts.

The three parts are the sending unit, a timer unit and also the flasher unit.

If you have a Technical Service Manual, its likely to help with the detailed schematics and well as the theory of operation. When the water pump was replaced, I would imagine the old temp sending unit was transferred over to the new pump housing. Perhaps the connection is now loose or corroded.

There is likely a test procedure for the temp sending unit in the TSM, or if you don't have the TSM, it could be replaced at the cost of $19.24. It's John Deere part number CH15516 as shown below.

I didn't see any mention of the water temp light in the Owners Manual other than to state it should turn off within 10 seconds of starting the engine and to reduce the engine load anytime the light is displayed during tractor operation. Starting with connections and looking for corrosion would be the start. Replacing the sending unit would be next as how much time do you want to spend testing a $20 part?

View attachment 780308
Wow. This is so extensive. I will start there and part is cheap enough too. Thank you for all the info and attachments Greatly appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts