Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

New to the forum and am hoping someone can give me some direction. I've got a 2210 and the front U-joint closest to the engine on the shaft just gave way, also destroying the front end of the drive shaft. I've got everything stripped down, got a new and complete drive shaft on order but cannot get the front housing off the cogs. What's the key to getting this off so I can put on the new? Is this a pin to be punched out of is there another way? (I've already got the snap ring. You can see it hanging on the right side of the image).

Thank you for any information!

Robby in western North Carolina

IMG_3576.JPG

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I don't know this model.

There are some that use a "roll pin" With Another Roll pin inside it.

You probly can go here https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/

Enter your model and look at the pics of that area till someone else comes along.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Punch the pin out that is under the snap ring. The Snap Ring is designed to hold the pin in under all normal operations and even abnormal operations.

·
Registered
89 Posts
When you replace the drive shaft be sure to put U-joints in that can be easily greased. When I had my 2210 I replaced the U-joints with ones from NAPA, UJ410, two of them will cost around $50.00. Worth every penny, you won't have a problem getting to them to grease. As for the front pin, I bought a very long punch, made life easier. Good luck.

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When you replace the drive shaft be sure to put U-joints in that can be easily greased. When I had my 2210 I replaced the U-joints with ones from NAPA, UJ410, two of them will cost around $50.00. Worth every penny, you won't have a problem getting to them to grease. As for the front pin, I bought a very long punch, made life easier. Good luck.
Thank you!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Follow up. I was able to successfully replace the drive shaft. Thanks for the information!

One more piece of advice, however. I need to go ahead and replace the water pump fan-v belt, (M 811285). Any references on how to properly do that?

·
Premium Member
15,552 Posts
Getting the 2 pins out , was hard for me years ago when I had to replace #16 part that holds the cooling fan on the drive shaft. If I had know what I do know I would have never removed the driveshaft . I would have cut the fan into and saved myself at lot of work.

Reactions: Gizmo2
1 - 10 of 10 Posts