Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi
I just put a front end loader on my 2210 that I bought last year. It will not raise. It only goes up 3 feet and it takes over a minute to get there. I replaced the coupler for the lift hose, but it is not the couplers. I also cleaned the strainer in the side of the transaxle.

I can get it to raise if I pull the handle back and then slightly to the left, then when it gets halfway I have to move it all the way to the back left. But it takes several minutes to raise. The bucket curl does not seem to be too bad but it could be a little faster.

Does anyone have any idea? I think there is problem with the valve.

The loader is brand new.

·
Administrator
17,067 Posts
Welcome to GTT
Did you replace just one coupler? Or the pair on the lift/lower circuit?
Have you verified the linkage it moving the spool all the way?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi
I only did the one coupler to start with. I had my doubts that was it. I goes down fine after you get it raised, too fast in fact, and the orifice is in the blue hose. And yes, I watched the spool on the valve and it goes all the way in. I have a feeling fluid is being bypassed in the valve, or the pressure relief springs on the valve are shot. There are 2, one on top and one on bottom.

Should I try a coupler on the other hose. I took the other one apart, I just don't see what could be wrong with them.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
To help isolate problem can you switch the circuits and see if problem persists?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Maybe find out what the hyd psi the tractor ought to be delivering at the loader coupling and couple up a psi gauge to verify psi.

·
Administrator
17,067 Posts
Bad couplers can act as a check valve, so there is a possibility you still have a bad one. What loader did you purchase? Did your tractor ever have a backhoe or the power beyond kit installed?

Getting a gauge to do some testing might be a good idea, the valves themselves very rarely go bad so I don't think that's it.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Hi
I just put a front end loader on my 2210 that I bought last year. It will not raise. It only goes up 3 feet and it takes over a minute to get there. I replaced the coupler for the lift hose, but it is not the couplers. I also cleaned the strainer in the side of the transaxle.

I can get it to raise if I pull the handle back and then slightly to the left, then when it gets halfway I have to move it all the way to the back left. But it takes several minutes to raise. The bucket curl does not seem to be too bad but it could be a little faster.

Does anyone have any idea? I think there is problem with the valve.

The loader is brand new.
I used to have a 2210. If you don't hook the hoses up in the correct spots then the loader will act funny like this. Are the 4 hoses plugged into the valve correctly? When I first got my tractor the color coded plugs were missing so it was a guessing game for me until I got it figured out. Also if the connections are not absolutely cleaning then the hoses don't quite hook up and you will have issues like this.

I am assuming you found a factory loader to put on this 2210? I have never seen an after market loader for a 2210 but I am sure someone may have produced one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will get the other couplers and a gauge. I bought an H130 loader. New at more than 50% off.
The tractor never had a loader on it or a backhoe. There is no power beyond. I had to add the loader valve. I found it on ebay along with the steel lines, couplers and the bracket that holds them on. Everything I needed to put it on my tractor.

If I take the bucket off it will lift the arms.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am sure I have them hooked up correctly. I followed the instruction that came with the loader and when I move the lever, back is up forward in down. left is bucket curl back and right is bucket dump.

The loader is a new H130.

·
Administrator
17,067 Posts
Since your 2210 did not have the SCV, I assume you added the spacer plate too? If the machine it came from had the PB installed then the plug (#4) would be installed, that would affect how the valve operates. This ONLY should be there if the power beyond lines are added.

Next step is a gauge to test each port.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Since your 2210 did not have the SCV, I assume you added the spacer plate too? If the machine it came from had the PB installed then the plug (#4) would be installed, that would affect how the valve operates. This ONLY should be there if the power beyond lines are added.

Next step is a gauge to test each port.
I have that. It is not a spacer, it is just a cover that has to be removed in order to put the valve on. It is over 1/2" thick, if that were a spacer plate there would be no room to put the valve on. The power beyond ports are the 2 plugs on the rockshaft control valve this cover bolts to in the picture.

·
Administrator
17,067 Posts
There is cover, and a spacer. Been there, done that.

Get a gauge and see whats going on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
UpDate

There is cover, and a spacer. Been there, done that.

Get a gauge and see whats going on.
I would like to give an update on the loader situation

There is definitely a problem with the valve. I put on the new QD's and no difference. I connect a gauge, when I pull the lever straight back like you are supposed to I get 500 psi, when I pull the handle back and to the left, which is the only way the loader will raise. I get almost 2000 psi. I am ruling out a pump and QD problem. I will have to take the valve back off and take it apart. Also when i get the loader up it does not stay up. It will drop 3 inches in five minutes.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I would like to give an update on the loader situation

There is definitely a problem with the valve. I put on the new QD's and no difference. I connect a gauge, when I pull the lever straight back like you are supposed to I get 500 psi, when I pull the handle back and to the left, which is the only way the loader will raise. I get almost 2000 psi. I am ruling out a pump and QD problem. I will have to take the valve back off and take it apart. Also when i get the loader up it does not stay up. It will drop 3 inches in five minutes.
That drop rate is not too far from normal if you ask me. My 210 loader would drop pretty fast like that on my 2210. I never timed it but I could see/hear it settle if I ever shut the tractor off and I just sat in the seat. The hydraulics on 2210's were not the best, at least mine was not.

Good luck with your trouble shooting.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That drop rate is not too far from normal if you ask me. My 210 loader would drop pretty fast like that on my 2210. I never timed it but I could see/hear it settle if I ever shut the tractor off and I just sat in the seat. The hydraulics on 2210's were not the best, at least mine was not.

Good luck with your trouble shooting.
It appears the valve is the weak link on these machines. I am going to take it apart to inspect it. I might find a way to put a different valve on it. It should not drop.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It appears the valve is the weak link on these machines. I am going to take it apart to inspect it. I might find a way to put a different valve on it. It should not drop.
I FIXED IT!!!

2 new pressure relief valve springs in the valve.
Now makes almost 2500 psi.
Lifted a load a dirt like it was not even in there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts