Green Tractor Talk banner

2210 shutter on power off

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  gotdeeres 
#1 ·
First post gentlemen, been lurking for a little while, I did search for any related posts but nothing matched my question.

I've got a new to me 2004 deere 2210 with FEL, 254 hours.

Small blast of diesel smoke when I start it at idle (even preheating the glow plugs).

Runs just fine.

The question I have: When I shut it off at idle, the engine give a shutter or two. Not excessive idling or anything, just a shutter/shake for a second or two.

My neighbor has a 2305 which does not do this.

Not sure what it could be, any ideas?

Thanks!

Mike

#2 ·
Welcome to DT! It all sounds pretty normal to me, a lot of small diesel engines do this.

#5 ·
Always a little puff of something when I start my 2210, how much smoke and what color depend on the throttle setting, temperature, etc.
I also get the "shut down shuffle" in varying degrees, depending on throttle. Really rattles the bucket when the loader's on, sometimes.
How long you pre-glow the glow plugs can cut down on the smoke, if it's cool out I sometimes glow for up to 5 seconds minimizes smoke.

You might try some Cetane Booster in your fuel, will cut down on the black smoke under heavy load, but not eliminate it.

#7 ·
Mike,

I had the side panels off my 2210 and noticed a metal strap over the front two rubber engine mounts. I checked JD parts and found that the strap, LVU-800712 stop, was provided on serial number 216249 and higher. This appears to me that it would reduce the shuttering during shutdown. Apparently it was added for some reason? :think: I would consider adding the stops if your tractor does not have them.

GotDeeres

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.