Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased an 05' 2210, and it came with a leak on the steering cylinder. It is welded on one end, but has a spanner wrench nut on the other (where the leak is).
I have found the seal kit, but wanted to know what all is involved in replacing these seals. Do I need a specific spanner wrench? or any other special tools to complete the job, or would I just be better off getting a hydraulic shop to repair the cylinder?

Attachments

·
Registered
778 Posts
Cylinder span wrench or gland wrench. Hammer and chisel works fine but will have some deformation.
Pretty easy fix.

Z_18stfo5oy.JPG

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys. I'm assuming I will need to take the tie rod end off to get the new seals onto the shaft and into the cylinder?

whats the best way to keep the alignment of the tractor? take measurements from certain points?

sorry for all the questions! I just got the tractor and have never owned one before, I don't want to make matters worse on my behalf!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
2210.png

Looks like the tie rod is made to the rod cylinder. The packing is replaced by taking the rod apart from the opp end of the tie rod.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts