Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am interested in the Pats Easy Change, but am unsure about the solid rod needed for raising and lowering the mower deck. I have a rod that slides through the eyelets of the two lift arms, and pin in place (this locking of the lift arms together, holds the left arm over far enough to catch the lift bracket for the belly mower). With the additional brackets of the PEC can the rod still lock into the PEC hooks or will the PEC have to be unpinned and the rod slid through the eyelets of the arms and the PEC? I would like to purchase the PEC, just dont want to spend the money and then have to worry about returning everything:thumbsdown:...

Thanks
Doug

·
Administrator
20,906 Posts
I would get a Quick Hitch rather than the PEC. Pat's Easy Change lengthens your 3 Point Hitch arms changing the geometry. You'll have to extend your top-link to compensate for this. You may run out of top-link when using it with certaim implements. A QH will let you attach implement without getting off the seat, in addition to takeing the implement off from your seat. Of course the implement will have to meet the QH pin location standards while the PEC will not.

Just my .0000002 cents.:good2:

·
Registered
479 Posts
You might also consider the Carter & Son EZ-Hitch

Tractor Quick Hitch Implement Ford Deere Kubota MF | eBay

It doesn't extend your lifting point farther back, instead it is above. A Quick Hitch is great if you have a lot of implements and they are all made to be compatible. I don't have skin in this game, but I'm leaning toward the EZ-Hitch myself.

$T2eC16ZHJI!E9qSO9evfBRc18Y)y0g~~60_57.JPG

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do not know if the bar will slide through the easy change system. If it will I will give it a shot. I have a few older implements having different widths from 25-27" inside to inside widths. I do not believe the one piece frame quick changes will work for these implements. I am going to order them tonight, so I will be able to take a look once they are ordered. Thanks all for the input!!! :)
Doug

1 - 5 of 5 Posts