Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 80's German orchard 2240. Water pump went out and put the fan in the radiator. I took radiator and pump out, put a new pump with pulley on it and now I'm fighting to get the radiator in. The hydraulic tank between radiator and fuel tank is pushing the radiator into the fan. There is zero clearance. Does anyone know what I could be doing wrong?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I'd compare the new pump to the old one and be sure the "hub" for fan is in the same location on shaft.

Is it possible the fan is bolted on backwards??

Lots of old fords/whatever when things were built simple....it(fan) would go on either way.

Is there a fan shroud?....It may have to go in first...then radiater...then attatch the 2

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Welcome to GTT
What are the part numbers of the WP & radiator you installed? Ditto on checking fan installation orientation.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Another thing to look at is the front "grille" in front of the fuel tank. If it has been bumped, it can push back the fuel tank and hydraulic reservoir and not leave enough room for the radiator. If it is pushed back, hook a come-a-long to the top lip of it and pull it back into place. If you have a loader, you can hook the cable to the loader to anchor it.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
So what was the final verdict on this project??

:munch:

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Without knowing tractor serial # range it's difficult to give correct answer. Is your tractors serial number below or above 350,000? According to JD parts radiator with PN AL39290 should only fit 2240 after SN 350,000

1 - 6 of 6 Posts