Green Tractor Talk banner

227 2 Row Corn Picker for Model A

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Evergreen 
#1 ·
We bought a 227 yesterday. We took it apart in front to get it loaded on the trailer. It looks like it's all there. The guys we bought it from said they used it last year. They seemed believable:laugh:. It is missing the hydraulic ram. My son wants to getting working this summer to use it on his Model A. Looks like it will be a bit of a challenge.

Anything we should know early on? Any experts here? We probably won't do anything with it until it warms up. Truth be told, I don't know how I'm going to get it off the trailer yet, but I do want my trailer back!

Snow Tree Winter Vehicle Snow blower
Snow Vehicle Snowplow Asphalt
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior Snow Car

See less See more
#2 ·
MDrew, I can't help you at all with your questions but it looks like a really fun project. :good2:

Thanks for starting a thread and us armchair want-to-be farmers will be looking forward to progress pictures. :kidw_truck_smiley:

#3 ·
I'm more of a want-a-be farmer too these days. I guess I'll be planting more field corn this spring. We will have to at least be able to test it out. I'm not too worried about getting it working. I'm more worried about moving the heavy parts.

#4 ·
When I was growing up we had a 227 picker which we would mount on the model 60. I remember two things about it: it worked well but was a pain to attach, and that it was LOUD. A 60 running darn near flat out deafening enough already. Add all of the chains and cogs of the picker and the chute to that and it was enough to wake up the dead. But it sure made the tractor look cool!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.