Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it is that time of year where the mower decks go on. Yeah, I know some of southerners are way ahead of me, oh heck, even some northerners. I thought I would give a run through of how EASY it is to mount a 62 inch deck on the 2305.

First off, the lift arms for this machine stay on year around, so no need to mount them. But you do have to make sure they are in the full up position to start.

Next, position the deck to the side of the machine and then roll it into position so the lift arms can be attached.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now, start the tractor and raise the lift arms to the full up position. You may turn the tractor off now. Turn the deck position control knob (located on the platform) to the install position and lower the lift arms into the deck mounting brackets.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Attach the front mounting bracket.

Attach the drive shaft.

Start tractor and raise the deck. Set the cutting height on the control knob.

Rotate the gauge wheels to the forward position.

On a good day this only takes 10 to 15 minutes. Oh it really does help if you are on smooth concrete to roll the deck under the tractor.
And you are ready to mow some grass.:yahoo:

Attachments

·
Registered
550 Posts
takes me about 5 with my 62D drive over, if my arm pins feel like lining up and clicking into place.
What is the black plastic on your discharge end on the first pic?

just have to love a concrete garage floor for MMM installs.:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
32 Posts
Reversed bushing?

I just noticed that your white plastic bushings (1st post, 3rd picture) look like they're reversed. The parts diagram I have shows them the other way. Flip them around and see if you don't like it better.

The order is cotter pin -> washer -> spring -> plastic bushing, wide end facing spring -> deck -> J-end.

That way the bushing is always in the deck holes and everything lines up just a little bit nicer.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Holy CRAP! You are correct, I never noticed it before. That would make a lot more sense. I do know that something was nagging at me on this set up, just couldn't put my finger on it. You can rest assured that the next time the deck is off that will get corrected. Thank you very much, greatly appreciated. :good2:

And a big WELCOME to DT.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had a 318 deck that come just the way yours are pictured. One day I popped a cotter pin and I reassembled it without looking at the opposite one, and I did it the other (correct) way - suddenly it was easier!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts