Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, guys as not to derail the thread any further for the 1026R light questions, I thought I would start a new thread.

Is it possible to use the forward light kit LVB25016 with rear light kit LVB25546? I understand you will need the brushgurad kits ( LVB25016) To mount the forward lights to, but why will the rear light kit not work with the Front light kits? and Is this just for the 2305 or all of them, seems I have seen 3 lights on them before, are they not using the Deere kit to do this?

Also From What I can tell the cost break down is as follows.

Front light kit ( LVB25546) 82.00
Rear Light Kit (LVB25547) 53.00
Brush Guard Kit ( LVB25016) 42.00

What is in each kit? From what I also read they install on the factory light switch, is this correct.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Ok, guys as not to derail the thread any further for the 1026R light questions, I thought I would start a new thread.

Is it possible to use the forward light kit LVB25016 with rear light kit LVB25546? I understand you will need the brushgurad kits ( LVB25016) To mount the forward lights to, but why will the rear light kit not work with the Front light kits? and Is this just for the 2305 or all of them, seems I have seen 3 lights on them before, are they not using the Deere kit to do this?
Straight from Deere.

NOTE: Both the rear and forward work lights are compatible together and with the light brush guard kits. The light kit contains a 2 to 4 pigtail that plugs into the main harness, as if only plugging one set of lights, providing two sets of plugs to use for forward and rear work lights. The forward light is installed on top of the brush guard, and the rear light is installed inside the ROPS using the bolt holding the light and brush guard on

What is in each kit? From what I also read they install on the factory light switch, is this correct.
You are correct.

Please read the following carefully it should have all the info you need.

http://salesmanual.deere.com/sales/...rning_light_brush_guards_3020openstation.html

http://salesmanual.deere.com/sales/...orward_lighting_kit_3120-4020openstation.html

http://salesmanual.deere.com/sales/...rear_work_light_kit_3020-4020openstation.html

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I knew you would have the answer Randy! Thank you..looks like I will be stopping by my dealer this week... however the links are not working for me. I get this just of how it will all work together though.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
You are welcome Neel.

The links probably do not work because you are not registered on JDParts. I highly recommend you sign up for it. It has a ton of info. for you to use free.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a login for deere parts, but I can a page cannot be displayed. I get the just of it and since I know it "can" be done, I will likely go get the kits after work on day this week.!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I logged into JDParts, and was still unable to get the links in Randy's message to work.

I haven't gotten around to make them yet, but I bought flat bar to make my own "brush guards" which will install the same way the JD ones do. I'll cold bend them on my anvil, drill the holes, and then paint them. I bought work lights from Harbor Freight. I'll put two facing front and one facing rear. I ordered three waterproof toggle switches from Vetco, which cost more than my lights did.

At first, I was thinking of a switch next to each light, to provide maximum flexibility. They would be powered from the factory wiring, so the JD light switch would shut them all off.

My son and I were looking the tractor over at Thanksgiving time and he suggested two switches, mounted in the panels beside the seat. One switch for the rear light, and one for both forward lights. I am leaning toward that idea now. I think I'll still pull the power from the factory wiring.

I have a magnetic LED flasher that I may also hook up. My issue with that is that my ROPS will just go through my door with nothing on top of it. I may just use the built-in flashers for now.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
I corrected the links in post 2. At least they work just fine for me now. They still don't work for you guys?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I corrected the links in post 2. At least they work just fine for me now. They still don't work for you guys?
They work for me as well! Thanks, Guys. Normally I would not go to dealer for parts etc, but Deere is one place I will pay what they ask as I feel they have a good product. Would it be cheaper to get the lights else where? Yes, would they be the same, theres a chance!. I notice I will need to modify my tool box mount, but it will be easy and I already have an idea for the rear work light. This is on my weekend to do list, with taking down deer stands. Stay tuned.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Randy, I did look at their page and they do have some very nice stuff, which I may look into for another project, but for this one, I think I will stay with the Deere kit, since it is all going to power off the factory switch. The wheels are still turning as to how I want to do this but I have some ideas.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.