Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put the deck on (54") for the first time this year, when raising deck to its highest point, sounds like a part of the drive train for the deck is hitting the bottom of the tractor. Has anyone had experience with this and is there a way to adjust how high the deck is lifted? Am using the loader control to raise and lower the deck. Noise only happens when deck is raised to highest point, drop just a little and the sound goes away. Never had this issue in past. Only change to tractor is adding a guard for the hydro filter, but am not sure it is hitting that. Thoughts? Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Not sure why it just started but there are two short round shafts which act as upper stops on your tractor. You can see them if you bend over and look at the side of frame above the mower deck.

There is an adjustment procedure in your manual. Let me know if you don't have a manual.

But basically it the height is controlled with the link that goes back to your 3 point if you don't have the independent hydraulic lift and the two adjustable lift rods that hang down. I would assume the adjustment is similar for the option independent lift but not something I am familiar with.

I forget the details but there should be about 3/4" clearance to those short round shafts when your deck is all the way up.

Mine bang on those things all the time when I am going across rough ground when the deck is up.

·
Super Moderator
8,154 Posts
I forget the details but there should be about 3/4" clearance to those short round shafts when your deck is all the way up.
The clearance between the draft arms and the round frame stops is supposed to be ~ 1/8" when adjusted properly. Follow the setup procedure starting with adjusting the length of the 3PH connecting link, then use the bellcrank links to the draft arms to set the clearance to the frame stops. It's all described in the mower deck manual and is included with the deck leveling adjustment procedures.

Reactions: fdmars

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
The clearance between the draft arms and the round frame stops is supposed to be ~ 1/8" when adjusted properly. Follow the setup procedure starting with adjusting the length of the 3PH connecting link, then use the bellcrank links to the draft arms to set the clearance to the frame stops. It's all described in the mower deck manual and is included with the deck leveling adjustment procedures.
Thanks for correcting that. I was thinking it was more like a finger depth.

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Just found the link to the online manual.

Actually the manual calls for about 1/16"

That seems pretty close to me !

Manual here

·
Registered
673 Posts
Fdmars, did you make your guard for the hydro filter ?

Doug

·
Super Moderator
8,154 Posts
Just found the link to the online manual.

Actually the manual calls for about 1/16"

That seems pretty close to me !

Manual here
It is pretty tight but in all reality when you're done leveling the deck it's going to be off some. I think that JD is recommending "some" clearance to prevent binding the lifting draft arms against those hard stops when the deck is full up. I had some issues with the deck gearbox driveshaft rubbing against the brake linkage mount which is fairly common when mowing at maximum height. Especially when mowing on slopes. Eliminated the problem by limiting the ~1" deck side to side movement at the front draft arm connection to the front deck bracket.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Doug, no I bought that guard and one for the fan off eBay from a guy called "enventive" they are both of good quality and work well. Just go to ebay and search on 2305 guard, it should come up

To the others thanks will check manual and set up for adjustment

1 - 8 of 8 Posts