Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

New to the forum and to the 2305.

Just picked it up, 2006 last week...was testing it out tonight and everything was working fine, including the blinkers and hazards...then all of a sudden they stopped working.

I drove it back into the garage and checked the bulbs, fuses, wiring in the back and all looked good....it makes the 'blinking' sound still but no blinking lights or turn signals.

The smaller lights work, though - so I am guess the ground is fine.

Anyone have anything else for me to check?

Thanks very muck in advance.

Karl

·
Administrator
18,309 Posts
There was some instances of a failing diode that caused this, here is a thread on TBN about it: 2305 Diode Replacement
Their forum is running terribly slow at the moment...

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Yes, Ken is correct. I just replaced all three of my diodes to solve the erratic functioning of my flashers. The technical manual has a test for them but, I found it was better to just replace all three at the same time as if one has failed the others are soon to follow. And besides, they are relatively inexpensive. The manual steps you through the whole process.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, Ken is correct. I just replaced all three of my diodes to solve the erratic functioning of my flashers. The technical manual has a test for them but, I found it was better to just replace all three at the same time as if one has failed the others are soon to follow. And besides, they are relatively inexpensive. The manual steps you through the whole process.
Thank you both...phoned my dealer today and they agreed with diagnosis and said they would ship me the diode. Hope it works as it has for others that posted here. Now...just confirming, my 2305 is a 2006 - all years 2305 are identical?

Thanks...this forum kicks arse! :good2:

Karl

·
Administrator
18,309 Posts
my 2305 is a 2006 - all years 2305 are identical?
Should be...might want to get a technical manual if your gonna do your own wrenching to confirm however.

Reactions: farmgirl19

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
It doesn't matter what equipment you have, or how much (or how little) you will work on them, a Technical manual is almost as important to own as the machine itself!! :good2:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Should be...might want to get a technical manual if your gonna do your own wrenching to confirm however.
Does someone out there have an excerpt from a ~2006 2305 on this topic they could share? I will buy one, but the diode will be here Monday and can't get a tech manual that quick.

Thanks!

·
Registered
184 Posts
The diodes can be hard to find, they are taped to the wire harness.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Diode Part Number

All,

I just wanted to document the JD part number of the diode, it is: John Deere Diode LVU801851 and is 1.5A and is priced around ~$8-10 at the delaerships. DO NOT let the dealer or techs convince you to buy the LVU801850 - this is the 3A diode and IS NOT the correct diode for this issue.

I am still awaiting my diode as it is hung up in the Thanksgiving Holiday mail!

Thanks all for your help - this forum rocks! :kidw_truck_smiley:

Happy Holidays to all!

·
Registered
75 Posts
The post here in the last few days looks as though it might be able to help my brother resolve his issue. He owns a 2305 yet doesn't have a tech manual. I told him he needs to ask Santa for that this year. He was just telling me about is issue yesterday and I told him I'd do some research for him given I've owned a JD now for over 29 years (420 for 26 years and 1026R for 3 years now). Also own a tech manual for both models. I don't survive without them.

Anyways, per reviewing the prints to his tractor attached in this thread I'm curious if anyone knows exactly what diodes are the suspect ones shown in the prints. There seems to be 8 diodes in the Electrical Schematic. Studying the prints I'm guessing the V4 & V8 diodes may be cause of concern if the reverse bias broke down on both of those diodes and possibly even V3. Yet I don't see any one particular set of diodes related specifically to the flasher/turn signal ckt.

I saw the pictures showing the location of the failing diodes from the link in a previous entry but was trying to find the equivalent in the electrical print to see what wires they should be tied to just to make sure we get the correct ones.

Thanks in advance if anyone can provide this info.

Craig

·
Super Moderator
8,147 Posts
The post here in the last few days looks as though it might be able to help my brother resolve his issue. He owns a 2305 yet doesn't have a tech manual. I told him he needs to ask Santa for that this year. He was just telling me about is issue yesterday and I told him I'd do some research for him given I've owned a JD now for over 29 years (420 for 26 years and 1026R for 3 years now). Also own a tech manual for both models. I don't survive without them.

Anyways, per reviewing the prints to his tractor attached in this thread I'm curious if anyone knows exactly what diodes are the suspect ones shown in the prints. There seems to be 8 diodes in the Electrical Schematic. Studying the prints I'm guessing the V4 & V8 diodes may be cause of concern if the reverse bias broke down on both of those diodes and possibly even V3. Yet I don't see any one particular set of diodes related specifically to the flasher/turn signal ckt.

I saw the pictures showing the location of the failing diodes from the link in a previous entry but was trying to find the equivalent in the electrical print to see what wires they should be tied to just to make sure we get the correct ones.

Craig
Should be fairly easy to locate and check the diodes with a multimeter. Set to OHMS / Low Scale and remove and check each diode. Connect the test leads, should show low resistance in one direction and high resistance in the other. Find an open or shorted diode and replace it. I believe they're all the same part number. Purchase a couple of spares and test away.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts

Craig

Hi Craig,

I do not have my manual on me right now, but if memory serves me correctly it is the three 1.5 amp diodes that all play some part in this circuit. Now at this point I am guessing, but I think they are the v3's. I will have to do some checking and get back to you on this to verify.

And one last thing.

:wgtt:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
OK, I got the info you need. Here is the wire harness diagram and the diode test. Personally, I'd just change out all three of the 1.5 amp diodes. I replaced one and with in a couple weeks I was changing another. If one is gone the rest aren't far behind and they aren't that expensive.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
2305 blinkers

The diodes can be hard to find, they are taped to the wire harness.
Thanks so much for the pics of turn signal diode, had my tractor tore apart trying to find that diode a month ago couldn't find. Put everything back together and figured I would have to take to the dealer. Saw your pics of the diode locale and repaired it myself. A big thanks to you and its posts like this that make green tractor talk a great site! timbo

·
Registered
89 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts