Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope someone can offer some help. After servicing my recently acquired 2305, I started installing the bro-tek skid plates. Great folks to work with and a great product. The rear plate went on just fine, but the front plate had no place to mount the front of the plate. This picture is on my tractor:

brotek.jpg

Richard from Bro-tek called and said there is supposed to be a frame bracket/cross member under the two holes at the front of the skid plate as shown in this picture:

JD2305 Extension.JPG

I have looked through all of the exploded parts diagrams but cannot find that brace/cross member? Can anyone help me to identify it? He said it was a dealer item and he couldn't think of why anyone would remove it. He said this was the first time he had run across this issue. Makes me special I guess.......

Any help appreciated!

TT

·
Registered
673 Posts
I have a 2305 and I don't have a cross member. These are pictures from some ago if you want I can take a picture with a better view.

Doug

Attachments

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
My 09 has this brace between loader attach points.
Part of loader package?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
My 09 has this brace between loader attach points.
Part of loader package?
Ahh that may be it. It is part of the loader frame it appears. To be clear its the plate with 4 bolts attaching it that I have circled in yellow.

I will look at the loader exploded diagram.
front plate.jpg

And there it was. Tiebar. All $153 bucks of it.....sheesh
Thank you sir for pointing me in the right direction. If you could tell me the thickness of the plate I would appreciate it. I will try to get one fabricated.
Tiebar.jpg

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
looks like 3/8 steel a bit hard to tell withe mower deck on., but would go w/ 3/8. note on parts list breakdown the bolt studs are welded on the plate...interesting....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looks like 3/8 steel a bit hard to tell withe mower deck on., but would go w/ 3/8. note on parts list breakdown the bolt studs are welded on the plate...interesting....
It may be easier to fab up in place rather than take the loader brackets loose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts