Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Not long.

Are you asking how long you can go until critical failure? Or how long you can go before you should get it repaired?

Either way, not long. Heat is the #2 killer of mechanical components, only 2nd to lubrication.

Get it fixed and don't run it, it's not an expensive part compared to the value of the machine you're gambling with.

·
Administrator
18,008 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,751 Posts
Agree, get it replaced now NOT LATER. Also the bracket that hold the fan to driveshaft make sure it does not turn when you try and turn the fan by hand (well whats left of your fan.)
If its OK after unbolting the fan then cut it so it is in two pieces comes right off then . You can do the same to the new fan. Do a search on forum on replacing fan on 2220-2305. 15-30 mins job.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I pulled my fan off without cutting it. Just sort of walked the blades over the support bar. My fan bracket was shot. Splines sheared. Good time to lube the driveshaft ujoints while it's out too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just did mine to the 2110 I bought beginning of the summer. Thankfully for this site as I read everything to look for. And mine was same as yours not a blade left on it. As said about removing the four screws from the old was the hardest part.

Once they where removed, cut the new fan in half. Making sure to have two screw holes on each half. Fit over coller on the shaft and tighten each half at a time. The second half is vary helpful to have a long wobble extention for your socket. As stated above I believe the fan cost was 30 bucks from mother deere in town. Way less expensive then a failure on your hydrostatic transmission.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok take a look

:mocking:
Just did mine to the 2110 I bought beginning of the summer. Thankfully for this site as I read everything to look for. And mine was same as yours not a blade left on it. As said about removing the four screws from the old was the hardest part.

Once they where removed, cut the new fan in half. Making sure to have two screw holes on each half. Fit over coller on the shaft and tighten each half at a time. The second half is vary helpful to have a long wobble extention for your socket. As stated above I believe the fan cost was 30 bucks from mother deere in town. Way less expensive then a failure on your hydrostatic transmission.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts