Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I took my deck off my 2305, I thought I would see what's jamming the knob adjustment up on top. The knob is so tight I can't move it. Maybe these things
don't work very well. I can't see what causing it to jam.
I'm in a jam of a mess.
Any advice appreciated!

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Try hooking hydrolics back up raise arms all the way up and try knob again

·
Super Moderator
8,139 Posts
The left lower 3PH draft arm has a small bellcrank bracket (#23 below) at the anchor pin that engages the deck lift linkage. If the 3PH spreader bar isn't in place the bellcrank may not be lifting the linkage rod. If this happens your deck height adjustment knob will be too tight to turn.

2305 deck lift linkage.jpg

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
They like to rust solid too, at least on the 1025R they do. Try some PBBlaster shot at the shaft. I am assuming that the height adjustment mechanism is the same.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: KC1

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi,
I took my deck off my 2305, I thought I would see what's jamming the knob adjustment up on top. The knob is so tight I can't move it. Maybe these things
don't work very well. I can't see what causing it to jam.
I'm in a jam of a mess.
Any advice appreciated!
I have the exact same issue with my 2305! I just recently bought it used, so I'm still trying to get my head around everything. Hopefully someone can explain how this system works. I'm wondering if it is tied to the rear 3pt lift arms and there is something more that needs to be done? The knob is currently pointed to the "lock" indicator on mine. It doesn't turn, but it doesn't feel stiff, it feels like it is just locked as the adjustment indicator illustrates. I also have an x495 that has the same type of adjustment knob, but I've never seen it locked like this. I've read the manual for the mower deck and still don't see how to unlock it and get it to turn.

Reactions: Superglidesport

·
Registered
421 Posts
First off, raise your deck as far as it will go and see if you can turn it.

If that doesn't work, your deck may not be lifting high enough. Adjust your deck
to about 1/4" from the stops when its in the highest position, of course staying level.

If the knob still won't turn, you may need to adjust the big turnbuckle behind the left rear tire.
Basically what you're doing is taking the weight off the stepped height cam.

If all else fails remove the deck (super easy) and get a look at the cam mechanism and
lube it up good.

The adjustment for the big turnbuckle is in the deck manual.

Reactions: Superglidesport
1 - 6 of 6 Posts