Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can hear the relay clicking but no flashers....is it possible for the relay to still “click” but not give out voltage to bulbs.
Fuse and bulbs check out fine.....ps what a pain to find relay:nunu:

·
Registered
184 Posts
diode

Failed diode can cause this.
There are three small diodes taped into the wiring harnesses.
Will try to find pictures and post.

IIRCC, it's the highest diode.

Attachments

Reactions: OxPath

·
Registered
184 Posts
2305 diodes

Location of diodes.
They were about $8.00 each from dealer when I bought them.

If you search for '2305' 'diode' in advanced search other posts I (and others) have made will come up.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there a diode for each lamp or one diode for both?

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have a 2320 that had the same problem, I could hear the flasher working but to lights flashing. I replaced the diodes on the wiring harnes an it still wasn't fixed. I ended up removing the flasher and determined it had failed. Be aware that flasher isn't cheap.... Good luck resolving the issue.

·
Registered
184 Posts

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thx for diode info. Ordered 2, will replace when they come in and report back.....may take awhile if there not here by Friday, I’ll be gone for 10 days chasing lakers:bigthumb:

Reactions: etcallhome

·
Registered
112 Posts
One diode runs both lights. If I remember right the one you need will be taped up behind the harness closest to the engine and hard to see. I pulled and tested a couple of the small diodes with my multimeter, wasn't hard to determine it was actually bad. Apparently happened when one of my flashers got ripped off on a gooseneck trailer's hitch, blew the diode instead of the fuse.

The diodes aren't cheap either at $20 a pop, better than the flasher though, on jdparts it was like $84!

Reactions: fdmars

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Follow up on flashers

Back from vacation, went to dealer and picked up diode. Had to get tractor put back together for lawn mowing, lawn is getting tall. After reviewing posted pics, found diode and replaced. Voila flasher works fine. Reassembled tractor and ready to go.
Thanks all for assistances, this is another perfect example of helping a quasi mechanic fix his machine, save about $400.00 in dealer costs. I get enjoyment from working on it and this tractor is 10 years old never been back to dealer. All fixes and customizations from help on this site.:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
Back from vacation, went to dealer and picked up diode. Had to get tractor put back together for lawn mowing, lawn is getting tall. After reviewing posted pics, found diode and replaced. Voila flasher works fine. Reassembled tractor and ready to go.
Thanks all for assistances, this is another perfect example of helping a quasi mechanic fix his machine, save about $400.00 in dealer costs. I get enjoyment from working on it and this tractor is 10 years old never been back to dealer. All fixes and customizations from help on this site.:bigthumb:
Between You Tube, GTT and sleeping at an occasional Holiday Inn Express, just about anyone can fix anything......:laugh::lol:

Or at least try.......:hide:

Glad your problem was resolved and your back in "bid ness" as some say in urban areas......:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Keep a spare diode at all times. When the one for the fuel shut off solenoid goes your tractor is stuck where it’s at until you get one. Of course you can always steal the one from the flasher to get it out of the yard or drive.

The fuel one is further down taped on the back of the harness. You no when it goes sines the tractor dies, starts and dies a second latter. You can go through the whole trouble shooting process of the fuel system and pulling the shutoff solenoid, or just check the diode. Che King the diode is faster and most likely the problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts