Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,044 Posts
need to replace axle seal, top bolts can not get at, any help on access :flag_of_truce:
Here's an image of the rear axle and extension housing. Which bolts are you having an issue with?

2305 Axle Housing.gif

It appears that you'll have to remove the housing and then the internal snap ring that retains the axle. Once the axle is out you can remove the seal. Check that axle bearing for wear. If the bearing is worn the new seal will also soon begin leaking. If it were me I'd replace it along with the seal.

·
Super Moderator
8,044 Posts
I guess I'd have to see the location of the transaxle and axle extension housing to comment any further. I hope you don't have to remove the transaxle to gain access to the extension housing. Seems like it should be accessible with a wheel removed but then again, anything is possible.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Been a few years since I did one, but I recall removing some frame bolts and then prying the frame rail out enough to get the bolts out.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
I looked at the tech manual, and it has you removing the trans first.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Been a few years since I did one, but I recall removing some frame bolts and then prying the frame rail out enough to get the bolts out.

i hope not seems not right to remove transaxle for 2 bolts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
You'll he Ok. Just remove some frame bolts, wedge or pry the frame rail. Remove the bolts and wiggle the housing out. It ain't fun, but better than removing the trans.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just finished new seal and bearings. i had to drop whole tranaxle to get at bolts with no problems, waiting on fan , get it ready
456 hours on clock hard hours. love this tractor, i don't see any other way to do it without dropping trans axle, yes:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
just finished new seal and bearings. i had to drop whole tranaxle to get at bolts with no problems, waiting on fan , get it ready
456 hours on clock hard hours. love this tractor, i don't see any other way to do it without dropping trans axle, yes:bigthumb:
Thanks for the update. Any chance you took pictures you could share with us?

Also, you had this post as a separate thread, I thought it best to keep it with this one, hope you don't mind.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Oh thank goodness

need to replace axle seal, top bolts can not get at, any help on access :flag_of_truce:
I read the title and pictured you driving down the road with head hung low and tears in your eyes:cray: as you take a smoking , belching puffing tractor to the junk yard.

Now with a few new parts you can celebrate.

Steve

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Thanks for the update. Any chance you took pictures you could share with us?

Also, you had this post as a separate thread, I thought it best to keep it with this one, hope you don't mind.
still learning, new to site thanks, no pics

1 - 15 of 15 Posts