Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2 year old JD 2305 and am adding a 47" snowblower. I have been using the front quick hitch with 54" blade and no problems. After adding the PTO kit and installing the blower, the "U"joint on the blower PTO hits the crossmember of the quich hitch. I can't find anything that says I have anything wrong. Does anyone know the problem or have any experience like this?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Tymochtee, I have a Deere 2305 and a 54" blower and every thing goes on and works with no problem. I have not put the blower on yet still doing leaves.
or I would upload some pictures.

Doug

·
Administrator
18,465 Posts
Can you post some pictures?

·
Super Moderator
8,188 Posts
Maybe have the wrong front pto shaft? It should have a cv joint on it. Late change to reduce vibration.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I will try to post some this week end.

Doug

·
Super Moderator
8,188 Posts
I intend to changeover my 2305 this weekend. I can post photos as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2305 front PTO

I found 2 fast hitches listed for the 2305. The one I have has a rectangular cross support that I cut out and inserted and welded a 5/8" rod in the holes lower in the plate. this gave me the clearance. Now only about 1 1/4" of the male splines on the PTO are inside the female splines. Is this far enough or not?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Would you be able to post some pictures so we can see what you have?

Doug

·
Super Moderator
8,188 Posts
I found 2 fast hitches listed for the 2305. The one I have has a rectangular cross support that I cut out and inserted and welded a 5/8" rod in the holes lower in the plate. this gave me the clearance. Now only about 1 1/4" of the male splines on the PTO are inside the female splines. Is this far enough or not?
Well, I'm a week late with the 2305 photos I promised. Didn't get around to changing over until today. Look these photos over and hopefully they'll help you out:

2305 Quick Hitch.jpg 2305 Quick Hitch Right.jpg 2305 Mid-driveshaft.jpg 2305 Front PTO.jpg 2305 PTO Front-view.jpg 47 SB Implement driveshaft.jpg 2305 Implement drive.jpg

This Quick Hitch was also originally used with a 54" Blade and worked A-OK when I went to the 47 Snowblower.

Good luck,
Frank

·
Super Moderator
8,188 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hey Tymochtee did you solve your PTO problem?
I have some pictures of me mounting my snow blower.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Tymochtee did you solve your PTO problem?
I have some pictures of me mounting my snow blower.
Though I am a member I don't often post in forums, but this particular thread happens to affect me greatly. I purchased a Quich Hitch 47” blower for my 2305 this past summer from a guy who had it mounted on a JD749. I also purchased separately the two upgraded CV Joint drive shafts from a dealer on eBay, as I assumed the two shafts from the JD749 wouldn’t work on my setup. I mounted the unit, and noticed the implement drive shaft was rotating really close to the pivot cross-member of the Quick Hitch, around ¼” clearance. I ran the unit at full throttle for several minutes after mounting, driving it up and down my drive way and all seemed fine. I dismounted the unit and waited for winter. That came this Thanksgiving weekend, and after mounting the blower and using it for just a short time I heard this horrendous grinding in the front. I examined the hitch and sure enough the CV joint is grinding against the frame of the Quick Hitch. I swapped out the new front drive shaft with the one off the 749 that came with the blower, and the clearance is now around ¾”, and the unit appears to function as it should. The double cardigan joint shaft that is part of the LVB26135 kit is huge! This unit can’t possibly have been designed to fit the standard JD2305 Quick Hitch.
Has anyone else experienced this problem, and what did you do to resolve it?
Thanks,
Doug

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hi Drcullis, MY drive shaft is close 3/8"-1/2". Hard to get a good picture.

Doug

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts