Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! As noted in the title, this is what is happening. Does anyone have a trouble shooting guide for the lighting/hazard circuit that they'd be willing to share with me? I already have the wiring schematics that were posted elsewhere in this forum.
Also, I'm going to replace the 2 universal joints on the driveline, as one of them is showing a bit of play: I don't need it failing catastrophically on me! Is there any special trick to detaching the drive shaft from the rear of the flywheel?
Thanks in advance!

JB

·
Premium Member
14,102 Posts
Hi all! As noted in the title, this is what is happening. Does anyone have a trouble shooting guide for the lighting/hazard circuit that they'd be willing to share with me? I already have the wiring schematics that were posted elsewhere in this forum.
Also, I'm going to replace the 2 universal joints on the driveline, as one of them is showing a bit of play: I don't need it failing catastrophically on me! Is there any special trick to detaching the drive shaft from the rear of the flywheel?
Thanks in advance!

JB
Can't say about the circuit, but the driveshaft removal is a pain.

If I remember correctly , you need to punch out the pin holding the driveshaft to flywheel. Need long handle with long nose snap ring tools to remove the snapring, rear snaprings are easy, make sure the bracket holding the fan is good. As you know going to all this trouble to remove the driveshaft to chg the ujoints, it would be a bad to reinstall and then find out the bracket is bad. If the fan turns while engine is off the bracket is bad and needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
65 Posts
What et said! Also take note that there is 2 roll pin one inside the other. If you have the right tool it should go fairly easy.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Here's another thread about the hazard electrical issue. It is pretty simple to fix.

2305 Hazard Light Fix

1 - 4 of 4 Posts