Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am new to the site (first time posting but reading a lot on here for a while) and just recently purchased a used 2305. It has a 62 inch mower deck that doesn't seem to be raising high enough. It doesn't even rise high enough for the wheels on the deck to come off of the ground. Is there something I need to adjust to straighten this problem out? Any useful information (inclouding pics because we all love those) would be great. Thanks in advance.

Andy

·
Administrator
17,513 Posts
Welcome to DT!

Yes, you can adjust it...did you get the manuals? You will need to shorten the front and rear draft arm turnbuckles and then re-level the deck. You should end up with about five inches IIRC.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The 2305 had two lift systems for the mower deck. One used the 3 point hitch rockshaft so the lever for the 3 point hitch raises the deck and the 3 point at the same time. This is more common since it cost less. The other used a single action hydraulic cylinder which was controlled by the joystick control. This method is a problem since the cylinder leaks down in about 5 minutes. According to JD DTAC, this is normal. :think:

Which lever are you using for the deck? Try the other one and I bet it will work. :good2:

GotDeeres

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Yup, we will need to know which lift you have to start with. And Kenny is correct, the user manual will be well worth the investment as well as the service manual. But we can still walk you through this if you are willing to take the time. Also, JDParts has complete breakdowns of all this if you want to see the mechanisms. But, first things first, need to know your lift.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hello all,

I am new to the site (first time posting but reading a lot on here for a while) and just recently purchased a used 2305. It has a 62 inch mower deck that doesn't seem to be raising high enough. It doesn't even rise high enough for the wheels on the deck to come off of the ground. Is there something I need to adjust to straighten this problem out? Any useful information (inclouding pics because we all love those) would be great. Thanks in advance.

Andy
First things first;; if you have the mechanical lift you need to have a spacer bar across the rear 3 point hitch arms. This was the first mistake I made when I got mine the dealer had forgotten to give me the spacer bar so as soon as I took the rear attachement off I found I could not lift the mower deck. embarassing.
if you have the spacer bar in place...
If you have the mechanical lift; ADJUST WITH EXTREME CARE! Improper adjustment of the turnbuckles will cause the push link to the rear lift to BEND. (don't ask). the manual specifies the exact procedure starting with the exact length the push rod should be and the clearance of the lift arms to the tractor frame. be careful!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts