Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for ideas of how to add a tool box to the tractor. I am sure someone has done it. If you have pictures post them up.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Neel,

Here is the one I did on my 2520, but you could easily adapt it to a 2305. It is not a real big box, but it does the job. :thumbup1gif: Please note the crow bar storage.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Neel,

Here is the one I did on my 2520, but you could easily adapt it to a 2305. It is not a real big box, but it does the job. :thumbup1gif: Please note the crow bar storage.
Randy,

Looks like you are quite the Tig welder.... I guess Ill have to see what the ol Lincoln mig has in her.. I think Im gonna go metal box and paint it jd green

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Neel,

Randy,

Looks like you are quite the Tig welder.... I guess Ill have to see what the ol Lincoln mig has in her.. I think Im gonna go metal box and paint it jd green

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Randy,

Actually Neel, it is mig. I have a Miller 210 with the spoolgun and gas set up. I find I do about an even split between steel and aluminum. I do OK for a self taught "fabricator". I resist the word "welder" as I am far from that.

So Neel, what are your ideas besides the green paint?:lol: I went with the plastic box to avoid the rust and not to listen to tools bouncing around. Plus, they are very cheap, I mean thrifty.:good2:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Randy,

Great job mounting the toolbox!! :good2:... That's a good place for it, If you don't have a Backhoe!, and I like the ''crowbar storage''!!

Where did you buy the box ??... That's a nice color!

It's hard to find a place on these tractors to mount a box!!... I don't think I can mount one where you did, Because of my BH... But I would buy a plastic box instead of the metal!

Thanks for sharing!

You are very welcome Bill. Yeah I know this placement isn't ideal for everyone but maybe spawn some ideas. The box is a Waterloo and they come in different sizes. I actually bought the one the next size bigger and had to return it. Even where I have it mounted is tight when the 3pt is all the way up with the quick hitch on and the seat all the way back. The store link is of a local chain and I bought in the store but I see they do offer this online as well. I am sure you can find other vendors that sell these Waterloo boxes.

http://www.farmandfleet.com/catalog/find.aspx?t=toolbox

Glad to help.:good2:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Here's my solution; a $5 plastic toolbox bolted to the place where the upper link holder was. Since I use a quick hitch there's no need for the holder. Because it's a cheap plastic box I don't care that it gets half crushed by the upper link each time I lift the hitch, it pops back out when I lower the hitch. And there I have something to keep a tow chain and a couple tools in. Even though it gets repeatedly crushed it does stay latched. Not a good solution but it works, it's been on there about 5 years so far.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Hey Nelson, you do really NICE work. Did you custom make the box?

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
No I bought it through

Thanks for the compliment. No, I bought it through Yesterdays Tractors. It is a replacement box for older full size farm tractors, fender mount. When I ordered I got an 18" long box but should have ordered a 16" so my elbow wouldn't hit the corner:cray:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,298 Posts
Actually Neel, it is mig. I have a Miller 210 with the spoolgun and gas set up. I find I do about an even split between steel and aluminum. I do OK for a self taught "fabricator". I resist the word "welder" as I am far from that.
Randy, You have the same welder that I do. I just bought a spool gun so I can try my hand at aluminum welding. Are you using 0.030" or 0.035" wire?

here are pics of my tool box on my 2305. I copied a poster on another forum.
Very nice.

·
Administrator
17,250 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Randy, You have the same welder that I do. I just bought a spool gun so I can try my hand at aluminum welding. Are you using 0.030" or 0.035" wire?
Matt, I am using the .035. According to the chart in the manual I got a better range of metal thicknesses with the .035. Works well for me.

·
Premium Member
7,298 Posts
Matt, I am using the .035. According to the chart in the manual I got a better range of metal thicknesses with the .035. Works well for me.
That's what I'm thinking of doing for the same reason. Now I need to get off my butt and order the regulator, buy the tank, and get some wire.

·
Banned
747 Posts
I'm going to have to do the same. I haven't even hooked up gas with mine yet, still using flux core wire.... So much to do, and a full-time job gets in the way :lol:

Ah, well 3 yrs. to retirment and then I'll have lots of time to tackle the important stuff :thumbup1gif:

That's what I'm thinking of doing for the same reason. Now I need to get off my butt and order the regulator, buy the tank, and get some wire.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Matt,

Are you adding the Miller dual tank option to the cart or building one like Ken did? I bought the option when I bought the welder.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts