Green Tractor Talk banner

2305 JD Tool Box ideas

21194 Views 43 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  fdmars
Looking for ideas of how to add a tool box to the tractor. I am sure someone has done it. If you have pictures post them up.

Thanks.
21 - 40 of 44 Posts
Paint is drying one the bracket for the tool box. Hope to get it all bolted up tomorrow after work. Then it will be picture time. Didn't think to take photos during the building process.
Its Done!

Well its done. Now im gonna run to Rural King ( Farm store after dinner and pick up some stuff I forgot to get to go in it. I almost mounted it too low as the top link just barley touches it. Its all good and if it is an issue I can raise it as I opted to bolt it together instead of welding so it could be adjusted/ removed if needed. Oh yeah best part, not rattles with it! :good2:

Reactions: Henderson
I think it is a WINNER!

:thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif:

Decal is a nice touch. Yeah, it is surprising how high the top link does come up. My box is real close as well, doesn't touch though. Good job Neel.
The Decal is part of the box, Its actually a JD box (made for the ag tractors)
:thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif:

Decal is a nice touch. Yeah, it is surprising how high the top link does come up. My box is real close as well, doesn't touch though. Good job Neel.
So who are the cartoon characters on the left fender?
I like it!

:thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif:

Very nice touch.
Thanks Randy,

I am very excited to have it done, I have it stocked pretty good I think, I am sure I will add things as time goes. Also Randy would know the size of roll pins that hold the quick hitch adapters? I would like to get some spares, but cant find the exact size.
:thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif:

Very nice touch.
here's mine

I had a local guy with a welder help me fab up this to work with a tool box I already had, we used alot of scrap metal but I had to buy some pieces too...enjoy the pics.

Attachments

heres a few more

heres a few more

Attachments

Nice job Goldsmje. That is a nice big box and should hold quite a bit of stuff for you. I really like how you incorporated the SMV sign. Very nice touch. Just one question, have you raised the 3pt hitch yet to check clearance? It looks like you might be pretty tight.
Hitch is clear when raised

Hi Randy,

I had been silently lurking around this forum for awhile reading lots of different posts, and looking at different pics, so I had already read about the 3 pt hitch clearence issue and took that into account before we welded this bracket on. So, short answer is that I can raise the hitch all way up without any interference from the toolbox.

On a side note though,......and I should probably mention this in case others may be considering a front hitch on the FEL like others here have done and I also did..... make sure you take into account that the bottom edge of the bucket extends further than the top edge where the hitch receiver is mounted......it sounds like a simple no brainer, but I didn't even think about it until I got it home and realized the bottom edge of the bucket was interfering with the jack stand on the trailer. Luckily enough for me though, and it was just dumb luck, I was able to tilt the bucket down just far enough to engage the ball into the trailer hitch without the bottom edge of the bucket hitting the jack stand. just food for thought for others.:empathy:
Gonna mount a interchangale ball hitch on ballast box next

The reason I wanted the ball mounted on the bucket is because I have two utility trailers that I have parked on a slight slope at the edge of the woods at the outskirts of my yard. I can use the tractor to jocky them around and pull them up to my driveway to mount them to my truck instead of driving my truck on the soft ground and making ruts in the yard or spinning tires and leaving tracks.....My next plan is to mount an interchangable ball size hitch to the ballast box. Just gonan drill a 1" hole on the top center near the edge and slide the ball mount bolt through and tighten it up....then I can also use the ball on the ballast box to jocky around the trailers too. I will post pics when I do it....but just thought I'd post the intentions in case others might like the idea and find it useful.
The box will also hold my aux lights

Randy,
You also commented on the tool box being big, yes it is and I plan to use it to also hold my auxilary worklights. I have two magnetic mount fog lights that I ordered from harbor freight that I attach to the rop. They each plug into a dual cigarette lighter adaptor that I have clipped to the battery. When not in use I just keep em in my box. When needed, I stick em on the rop, plug in to the lighter, and I have extra light wherever I want or need it. (The magnets are very strong, but wrapping a bunjy cord around the magnet is a good idea also) In addition to lighting in front of, behind and beside the tractor, I can also un attach one and use it wherever I need it, like a drop light. Works for me...:thumbup1gif:
Goldsmje,
Sounds like you got some very good ideas brewing. We are all interested in seeing how they turn out. Thank you for sharing with us. :thumbup1gif:
Reactions: BigJim55

Finally got around to installing a toolbox on my 2305. Thanks for the assist Nelson. Box is from TSC and I had the sticker kicking around my shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Cat; U are going to like ur toolbox their, and hey it looks good, nice sticker! I have one at the same place on my 2520, the only thing is it's plastic, and my seat bumps into it from my weight and the fact the seat is all the way back. big jim

Finally got around to installing a toolbox on my 2305. Thanks for the assist Nelson. Box is from TSC and I had the sticker kicking around my shop.

Big Cat, Looks like a winner, nice job. Have you checked that the top link won't hit the box with an attachment mounted in the full up position?
Thanks Randy. Haven't attached any implements yet, Sunday will be the the test; I need to do some final grading before frost sets in. Worst case, I have some bigger spacers I can swap out.

Randy pegged it! - box was too low and my York rake was rubbing the toolbox in the up position. Larger spacers and bolts to the rescue. [emoji374]

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.