Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas, I recently purchased a jd 2305 that fell victim to the weak construction of the rear pto housing. With that, my rear pto is shot and so I’m trying to figure out if it’s possible to add a pto hydraulic pump to my belly pto. That way I can have a hydraulic valve for other attachments like a blower or splitter etc. Can this be done?

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Possibly...

Front pto spins faster..so theres that problem.
Its also a smaller size with fine splines typicly.
May or may not have enough room around it for pump clearence.

Is fixing your pto out of the question money wise??
Is your 3 point lift still functional or is it kaput due to the problem with pto.....just curious.?
This work around could get spendy as well if possible.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John Deere said it would cost close to $9000 to repair. The whole rear housing would need to be replaced. 3pt lift works fine.

·
Administrator
20,886 Posts
If you just need to add a simple hydraulic circuit, you don't need a separate pump. What are your intensions for the extra hydraulics?

Reactions: theduke

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Adding another circuit... meaning adding a valve? I can’t T off my loader because it only pumps out 2.9gpm. I’d like to maybe add a blower to the back which wouldn’t work at that rate. Why I’m thinking a pto pump on the belly to get more gpm

·
Registered
44 Posts
In short yes. You will need to source a pump which should be fairly easy (surpluscenter.com). The hard part I assume will be finding connection devices to couple the pump to the pto. That and probably having to fabricate a mount for the pump and fluid reservoir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,290 Posts
There are lots of pumps that will run at 2000 RPM. You'd have to fabricate mounts to get it mounted under your machine. But you're talking about building an entire hydraulic system here. You won't be able to tap into the existing system for anything. You'll need you own hydro fluid tank, SCVs, etc...

·
Administrator
20,886 Posts
Adding another circuit... meaning adding a valve? I can’t T off my loader because it only pumps out 2.9gpm. I’d like to maybe add a blower to the back which wouldn’t work at that rate. Why I’m thinking a pto pump on the belly to get more gpm
Ah...a hydraulic blower is what you're after? I think you'll run out of horsepower trying to get the flow and pressure you need AND operate the hydrostatic transmission.

Sorry, this may tough to read...but cut your losses and move to a larger more capable machine. Put a MMM under it and sell it as a mower/loader with full disclosure about the rear PTO, or add a front snowblower.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Knowing the power my rear blower takes......Your Never gonna get the flow outta that machine.

Kenny is spot on....ditch it if its not doing its job for you.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
That seems like a wickedly expensive bill from the dealer. I would go to Ebay and see if you can find someone parting out a 2305 and get the parts needed. A 2305 is getting fairly long in the tooth so there should be a good supply of used parts. If you are not inclined to do the work then trade in the 2305 on a new tractor, it's not worth having a dealer repair it. You can find good used SCUT's for the price the dealer quoted you.

·
Premium Member
15,968 Posts
There is a tractor and equipment salvage yard near Harrisburg, PA that is always advertising on Craigslist. They are currently advertising two 2305 machines, one that has suffered fire damage and a second one which is missing parts. It's possible the parts you need are salvageable. Can't hurt to give them a call.

Haldeman Supply, 1408 State Rd, Duncannon, PA 17020, (717) 957-3300

Reactions: Kennyd and theduke
1 - 11 of 11 Posts