Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have problems les with your deck throwing belts? I just cleaned mine and greased it. Now my belt gets thrown nearly every time I turn on the pto? My belt seems a little worn but not too bad. Anyone know if any other reasons? All pulleys seam like there are very little play.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Anyone have problems les with your deck throwing belts? I just cleaned mine and greased it. Now my belt gets thrown nearly every time I turn on the pto? My belt seems a little worn but not too bad. Anyone know if any other reasons? All pulleys seam like there are very little play.
I don't have a 2305 but every time I have tossed a belt off my mower deck on my 400, it was either due to the belt being stretched/glazed/frayed or the idler pulley spring didn't keep it tight enough.

I would replace your belt and see what happens, make sure its a JD belt as well. That's probably the easiest issue to eliminate and maybe the cheapest.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Is it a John Deere OEM belt? The belt you have now is it a "V" belt? If it is its the wrong belt I have a 54" deck and the belt has 6 sides to it and the last time I got one it was around 50-60 dollars. I would check all of the pulleys to make sure they turn free and have no play and the belt is routed properly.

Doug

1 - 3 of 3 Posts