Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have lost all deck adjustment! I was trying to get it into the lock position. I made several rounds trying to get it in when all of a sudden it just spun freely. Now with the 3 point all the way up the knob spins completely free! Any ideas?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got done looking at the diagram and it looks like there should be a spring attached to the cam. I could be wrong. I'm headed out to do some more investigating. Wife is out on business for the weekend so it's just me with our 4 year old son and 2 year old daughter. So not a lot of time to actually look at it. :laugh:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Daughter is down for a nap so I had a little time to investigate. And just as I suspected the spring that holds the cam in position broke in half. I must be stronger than I thought! :lol: should be an easy fix I'll have to pick the part up on Monday. I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Administrator
20,845 Posts
Here's the breakdown for the 2305 mower height adjustment knob. Maybe you can tell us which part broke.

keyPART NO.PART NAMEQTY SERIAL NO.REMARKS
1AM123734Knob1
2LVU16505Pin1
3R26871Snap Ring2
4LVU14785Bushing1
5LVU16504Cam1
6M135603Bushing1
7LVA13668Bracket1
814M7152Nut2
M10
924M7096Washer4
10.500 X 18 X 1.600 mm
1019M7167Cap Screw2
M10 X 25
CartkeyPART NO.PART NAMEQTY SERIAL NO.REMARKS
11LVA802005Rockshaft1
12LVU802916Bushing2
(SUB FOR LVU801841)
13LVA803334Bellcrank1
(SUB FOR LVA801936)
14LVU801842Washer2
1540M7084Snap Ring2
16LVU801895Shaft Key2
17LVA803333Bellcrank1-421235(SUB FOR LVA801935 OR LVA803150)
LVA803333Bellcrank1421236-(SUB FOR LVA803150)
18LVU17963Clip1

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
#18 the clip. Only hard part about it will be figuring out how it goes in there. Can't really see what your doing plus I'm not sure how it is installed originally. But surely WE can figure it out. :laugh: yes thanks for all the help thus far! Gotta get this fixed ASAP fertalizer has really taken hold!!

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
If the #5 Cam has multiple places to hook that clip(spring) maybe it was hooked in the wrong one , creating too much tension and causing the break.

Or hopefully there is just one spot to hook it and its just the pic that makes it look like multiples.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Mine was broken when I got my tractor. It is just there to offer resistance when the knob is turning and give you the detent feeling. Honestly, it works the same with or without.

Lee

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I figured that out Sunday when I needed to mow. I tried it anyway and it worked just fine. Still goin to fix it though. The part will be in on Wednesday.

This could be anothe thread but I did a lot of research over the weekend about deck adjustment and found some great information. Seems like everybody is pretty unhappy with the lack of cut height on these tractors. I was especially since on the highest setting I was only greeting about 3 1/4 inches. I prefer to mow at 4". Well after about an hours worth of tinkering from all the differant suggestions I found I achieved a max cut height of 4 1/4 inches!! Much happier now. I may start another thread describing in detail what all I did and how I checked to see how far out of adjustment it was. :yahoo:

·
Registered
719 Posts
I also ordered the spring and installed. It goes together fairly easy. I was not on this site yet so I did not know that I needed to document the install.

I would be interested in your experience adjusting the deck height. I have not looked at mine but agree it is lower than I would like. Do you have the independent lift?

Lee

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't have the independent lift. But if I get time tonight I'll make a post on adjusting the deck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I need help with spring too

#18 the clip. Only hard part about it will be figuring out how it goes in there. Can't really see what your doing plus I'm not sure how it is installed originally. But surely WE can figure it out. :laugh: yes thanks for all the help thus far! Gotta get this fixed ASAP fertalizer has really taken hold!!
I have the same problem you had. I need to replace this spring. Just got it in from John Deere and was told I had to remove the tractor floor to install this. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
14,873 Posts
I have the same problem you had. I need to replace this spring. Just got it in from John Deere and was told I had to remove the tractor floor to install this. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.
No you don't need to remove the floor to install this...
Had a 2305 and same thing happened.. Hoping both of you ordered the bushings, that is what was broken causing the spring to come out.
There are 2 bolts holding the bracket to the frame. Hard to get them out and back in especially if you have a BH subframe. , but you can do this without removing the floor. May be easier but I don't think it will be any quicker.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts