Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 2305 that the PTO is not engaging on. No physical signs of mechanical failure to the rear housing, like I have seen in many other threads. I have checked the connections at the switch. Checked fuses. Not real sure where to go from here. Hopefully I can get some guidance. Thanks you

·
Administrator
18,318 Posts
:wgtt:

Is anything happening when you pull the switch?
Does the light come on?
Try lifting off the seat, pulling the switch and see if the tractor thinks the PTO is engaged and stalls because your not in the seat.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Do you have the PTO position selector in the right position (rear rear/mid mid)?

·
Registered
732 Posts
Had the same issue with my 1026r. Tractor would think the pto was on but was not. Had to replace the pto solenoid.

If the 2305 is the same and you can get a voltage test on it, the volts will ramp up to about 7 or 8 volts then shut off. (tractor turns the pto solenoid off after about 5 sec, if there is no movement of the pto)

·
Administrator
18,318 Posts
The PTO light comes on and the tractor dies if you get out of the seat.
OK, it sounds like the PTO solenoid as mention above. Time to get a multimeter and a service manual unless one of the member here has it and can excerpt a page for you or at tleast tell you the expected resistance of the coil.

Its part #52 in this drawing, if your lucky the connector is unplugged. You could also check for 12V+ there when the PTO is supposed to be engaged.

2305.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts