Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning has any one changed a rear axle seal on a 2305 , have a new tractor coming next week that needs 1.
if not can some one point me in the right direction . so far cant find 1 on you tube yet.
thank you in advance

Reactions: Superglidesport

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you tube

Your best bet when doing a job like this is the Deere Technical Manual TM2289. Available at your local dealer or on-line.

https://www.greenfarmparts.com/SearchResults.asp?search=Tm2289

YouTube? Really?
thanks for the reply
I have learned a lot on you tube ,ie on my wife's car the gear shift indicator went out ,I fixed for it 2.00 and learned how to take apart the dash with out breaking clips just a simple viewing was all it took .
I thank you for your reply .
there are good people on GTT like you.
stay warm

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
axle reply

hi Stan when replying to a post should I use reply to thread?
thanks , this is what I'm trying now.

·
Registered
23,020 Posts
hi Stan when replying to a post should I use reply to thread?
thanks , this is what I'm trying now.
Yes - that’s just fine.

But if you want to quote the post you are referring to like I did here hit “reply with quote” on the bottom right of said post and it will look like I did it here.

27E3BF2A-6928-49FE-92CE-0708A13CB51A.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
8,129 Posts
Good morning has any one changed a rear axle seal on a 2305 , have a new tractor coming next week that needs 1.
if not can some one point me in the right direction . so far cant find 1 on you tube yet.
thank you in advance
I had a 2305 but never had to deal with a leaky axle seal. It's not uncommon with 2305's though.

Others who had the issue had to remove the ROPS, Seat and rear bodywork to get at and remove the axle housing to replace the seal. You may be able to work around the ROPS but it's pretty tight under there.

2305 axle housing.gif

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited by Moderator)
axle reply

I had a 2305 but never had to deal with a leaky axle seal. It's not uncommon with 2305's though.

Others who had the issue had to remove the ROPS, Seat and rear bodywork to get at and remove the axle housing to replace the seal. You may be able to work around the ROPS but it's pretty tight under there.

View attachment 523778
DO you think that's the deepest into the rear I have to go?
if so that's a big help knowing that . I don't own the machine yet ,but have priced an axle its over 500.00 so I may get hurt buying it its a crap shoot.
again thanks for the reply

Reactions: Superglidesport

·
Super Moderator
8,129 Posts
DO you think that's the deepest into the rear I have to go?
if so that's a big help knowing that . I don't own the machine yet ,but have priced an axle its over 500.00 so I may get hurt buying it its a crap shoot.
again thanks for the reply
Your axle will be fine. I'm sure of it. However if it was me I'd replace the axle bearing and seal at the same time. A little bearing wear and a new seal isn't going to do much good.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re axle

Your axle will be fine. I'm sure of it. However if it was me I'd replace the axle bearing and seal at the same time. A little bearing wear and a new seal isn't going to do much good.
I fully agree my time is worth way more than a bearing .
thank you again

Reactions: joshn3448
1 - 9 of 9 Posts