Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK design wizards, looking for some ideas for a cheap easy on easy off tool carrier for my tractor. Looking to carry rake, shovel and other tools around yard as I do things...think most tool carriers I have seen are too big, any and all ideas welcome. I do have a draw bar. Was thinking of using it in design. But wondering what others have done. Ps I do have a weight box and have added PVC tubes to it, but was looking for something lighter....
Thanks Fred

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
. Ps I do have a weight box and have added PVC tubes to it, but was looking for something lighter....
Me, I'll be looking into one of those receiver mount bicycle racks. They're light strong and could be adapted to all sorts of tools. I have a store bough one on my GX that's handy as heck. It has brackets to hang 3 long handle tools and a removable bucket ring for a 5 gal. pail. Got it from Northern Tool in a clearance sale for $10 about 6 years ago. I've not seen one like it since.

Hard to see it's construction in the pic, just how handy it is for stuff. The square single tube frame goes down into a square receiver which bolts through the tow plate on the tractor. I added a flat plate to the top for my winter LED warning beacon magnetic light.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts