Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well gang, here is one of my maintenance fixes that I recently had to conquer. It turns out that if your full up trigger isn't set properly on the rockshaft the cylinder deadheads inside the housing. Well, after a time of constant pounding the housing gasket decides not to do its job any longer and then you get a river of oil and a lake under the tractor. Come to find out the fix does get a little involved in tearing the machine down a ways to fix it properly. The tech manual steps you through the whole process. Needles to say the machine is now dry as a bone. Here are the pic of the process.

Attachments

·
Registered
673 Posts
Welcome back Randy! Just a heads up for me what do I need to check on my 2305 so I don't have the same problem.

Thanks
Doug

·
Registered
338 Posts
Randy, I'm pretty new here. Wanted to thank you for this posting. Your shop is amazing and your tractor is spotless! "Green" with envy.

Has the 2305 been a good tractor for you? It looks very well made!

·
Registered
967 Posts
Dang! Now that is a clean tractor. Oh, nice write up.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Dang! Now that is a clean tractor. Oh, nice write up.
Thank you. Actually I took the opportunity to do a little cleaning.

Randy, I'm pretty new here. Wanted to thank you for this posting. Your shop is amazing and your tractor is spotless! "Green" with envy.

Has the 2305 been a good tractor for you? It looks very well made!
Yes, this has been a very good machine. It was bought new in October 2009. The only other fixes have been the diode issue and a leaky rear PTO shaft seal.

Welcome back Randy! Just a heads up for me what do I need to check on my 2305 so I don't have the same problem.

Thanks
Doug
There is a full up mechanical trip switch (on the rockshaft lever above the right rear wheel) that needs to be set properly for the rockshaft to not over travel. Mine was not set properly. You need to make sure it is set with some travel to spare. For a quick check, you can put three point in the full up position and then try to pick up on the arms. If you can still raise them a little then you are fine. If you can't, you need an adjustment.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a heads up for me what do I need to check on my 2305 so I don't have the same problem.

Thanks
Doug
Doug, I managed to get you pic of that area. Once you start looking at it it will make sense. I highly recommend removing the wheel, but not required. Here ye go.

Attachments

·
Registered
673 Posts
Thanks! Great write up.

Doug

1 - 8 of 8 Posts