Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a used 2305 with 176 hours on it via private sale/non-dealer. The previous owner said there were two "services" completed on the machine. Its a very clean machine, although I'd like to complete a "baseline" service as a starting point moving forward. Should I change every filter and fluid or is that overkill? Any thoughts?
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
I recently purchased a used 2305 with 176 hours on it via private sale/non-dealer. The previous owner said there were two "services" completed on the machine. Its a very clean machine, although I'd like to complete a "baseline" service as a starting point moving forward. Should I change every filter and fluid or is that overkill? Any thoughts?
Thanks.
Did the former owner give you he service records? If not I would change the engine oil and hydraulic fluids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Congrats on the new tractor!

If it's anything like the 1 series (which I believe it is) the first hydro oil change is at 50 hours, then the next is the first engine oil change at 200 hours (but for most of us here 100 hours is long enough). Anyway, considering the 175 hours on the rig, I'd most likely change the hydro and engine oil and filters for good measure. Why chance it? Worst case, you changed the hydro (which won't hurt) and you changed the engine oil close to the manufacturer's recommended interval. So you added about $200 to your investment, and an afternoon in the fall sunlight learning about your new tractor. Seems to me like a win-win. :good2:

·
Administrator
20,464 Posts
It's not overkill on a "new to you" tractor. It sets a baseline and gets you familiar with the machine. It also gives you the opportunity to do a real close inspection, more so than a pre-buy inspection.

So my vote goes for all fluids and filters. It what I would do if it were me. :good2:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I agree, if you didn't get any valid proof of service by the late owner, why risk it. I don't know the year of your tractor but the engine oil should be change every 200hr or yearly which ever come first. In most case it is yearly.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,372 Posts
I agree with the others, Hours so close to normal cycle I would just change it and then have no surprises later down the line.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I'm going for full fluid/filter change; I bought the fluids yesterday and ordered the filter kit from Green Farm Parts. One thing to note about about GFP though, the GTT 5% discount didn't work. :(

·
Administrator
20,464 Posts
Thanks guys. I'm going for full fluid/filter change; I bought the fluids yesterday and ordered the filter kit from Green Farm Parts. One thing to note about about GFP though, the GTT 5% discount didn't work. :(
I'd contact them. They have excellent customer service. I'm sure they'll get you fixed right up. :drinks:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts