Green Tractor Talk banner

2305 Start Fail

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Kennyd 
#1 ·
Hellow everyone I am new here ! I have a problem with what I thought was a great tractor. Yesterday I was mowing with the 2305 and hit a root it killed the tractor so i did the standard put everything back to the start possion and got nothing ! Hooked my F250 to it thinking (hoping) the batt had gone bad but no luck. But it would turn over half a rotation. My wife got the 4 wheeler to pull it to the shop so on the way as we where moving along pretty good I snatched it in high with the key on hoping to jump it off . Bout threw my wife off the 4 wheeler ! Stoped it in it's tracks and It's A Grizzly 660!! Does anyone have any idea what may be the problem ? It only has 130 hrs on it and i had the batt checked it is good !

#2 ·
You wont be able to pull start something with a hydrostatic transmission to start it.

As far as the wont start I would start by working the PTO (yellow knob) up and down to make sure its off and also rock your range selector that goes from L-N-H back and forth to make sure its actually in neutral.

EDIT: just noticed you got it to turn 1/2 turn with the truck so that rules out the interlocks.

I guess I would pull the mower deck and look for damage first. Make sure everything is free.

#3 ·
Pto and range selector is all good! When i turn the key on was getting a buzz in console so i just pulled it apart there is a contact making the noise and the part # is gone! Will take it to JD tomorrow n see if they can match it hope this is all it is!
Thank You will keep posted and let know if this fixes it !

#4 ·
Sounds like a bad battery. Internal short which is why you couldn't jump start it.

#5 ·
If this is the OEM battery than that would be my guess. They are well known (the JD batteries that is) for dying like that with no warning.

Please fill out your profile and introduce yourself in a new thread, your username has peaked my curiosity.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.