Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ball joint on the end of the steering rod needed replaced. Since the ball joint is welded on the rod the cylinder I had open up the cylinder and swap out the rod. For you well versed hydraulic master easy work. For me it was more challenging. The rod is replaced and works as designed. My question is before the R&R of the rod while the tractor was off the steering wheel required force to turn when shut off and now it spins freely? Any thoughts on how to correct? Oh yeah the pictures

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
The ball joint on the end of the steering rod needed replaced. Since the ball joint is welded on the rod the cylinder I had open up the cylinder and swap out the rod. For you well versed hydraulic master easy work. For me it was more challenging. The rod is replaced and works as designed. My question is before the R&R of the rod while the tractor was off the steering wheel required force to turn when shut off and now it spins freely? Any thoughts on how to correct? Oh yeah the pictures

Have you started the machine and filled the cylinder with fluid?

Reactions: 56FordGuy

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes refilled the system and drove it around a while. When I shut it off I noticed the free wheel of the steering wheel. I thought it was self bleeding, but wasn't sure. I'll it some more tonight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.