Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon, hoping some of you fine folks can help me with the re-attachment of my hoe. Removal was very easy following the manual, and it would appear that reattaching is easy as well however, the Maine hydraulic feed on the hoe is under too much pressure and I cannot get the Male end from the tractor to snap in. I have operated all functions in an attempt to relieve preside but obviously without being connected it can only relieve so much. Is there a relief method so that I can get the fittings to couple properly?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bryan in VT.

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Welcome to Deere Talk. I am sorry I cannot answer your question. There will be people by soon that can.

One thing I do on the farm stuff if I know the pressure is low is to use a hammer to push in the release collar. Hydro oil can be very dangerous, so if you try it do it with caution.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I know nothing of your hoe in question, but I usually take the end of the hose and bang it really hard on a flat piece of steel someplace on the implement when that happens. I dont have my 2520 yet so I am not sure how the fitting operate on it yet specificallly, but on the rest of our equipment, the outlets are usually pressure relieving meaning you can plug in a loaded hose without banging the center out of the hose (on our newer tractors anyway).

·
Administrator
17,506 Posts
Welcome to DT...

Like Jeffery wrote, the pressure is on the implement/backhoe side usually. Moving the sticks is a great start (on the tractor also while it's turned off) but often it's not enough. You can press the QD nipple against the frame like he suggested to help relieve the pressure-but wrap a rag over it first to catch the squirting fluid, also wear glove because the fluid is under pressure and can be injected into the skin and that aint pretty!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks fellas, the pressure is definitely on the backhoe side , not the tractor. I am able to depress the nipple on the male end coming from the tractor but the female end on the hoe is under enough pressure that it won't allow the male end far enough in to engage the coupling. Could make some spouse jokes here too :) I will try a bolt and mallet to see if I can relieve it.

·
Administrator
17,506 Posts
You can always use two wrenches and loosen the QD rather than risk damaging it.

·
Administrator
17,506 Posts
It's a open center system, would not relieving pressure on the BH male also relieve pressure on the BH female ?
It certainly should Will.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,647 Posts
It's a open center system, would not relieving pressure on the BH male also relieve pressure on the BH female ?
I have found that hooking up the side with no pressure then moving the controls will MOST of the time relieve pressure but for some strange reason does not always work. A hammer with a good heavy rag works every time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you gents. I loosened the QD and relieved the pressure. Everything went smoothly after that. I appreciate the help

·
Administrator
17,506 Posts
Thank you gents. I loosened the QD and relieved the pressure. Everything went smoothly after that. I appreciate the help
:good2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts