Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone plowing snow with a 2320 and 72” front blade connected to the loader (200CX) arms? I’m talking about one that connects to the QA mounts, not via Quick Hitch or bolt-on to the bucket variety. I want the blade larger than the more common 54” and 60” sizes I see quoted as good for this tractor. I would like to help my neighbor clear our private development road of snow. He plows with a small quad and we end up with the 1/4 mile road getting narrow by the end of winter. I want to go out after him and finish the job by pushing the berm he creates completely off the side of the road.The paved road is somewhat elevated so if I drop a tire off the edge I sink into the snow and get stuck. I want a blade that sticks out wider than my tractor, especially when it’s angled, so I can keep the tires on the road and angle the snow off the road completely. We usually get snow up to 6-8” but wind can drift it to a foot at times. At this point I’m not considering a snow blower solution.

My primary concerns are:

-does the tractor have enough power to push a 72” blade with maybe 1’ of wet snow?
-will this maximum load (12”) put too much stress on the loader arms?
-does this much snow push the tractor’s nose to the side?

I’ve plowed a bunch with my bucket on my property but that doesn’t work well for the long road. I can only plow a short distance before I have to try and veer a little bit to the side and empty the bucket while risking dropping a tire off the road edge. If anyone has a good brand name to recommend I’m open to suggestions.

·
Super Moderator
6,807 Posts
I use the Deere 54" plow on the loader of my 2032R and in heavy wet snow it will push the front end around. It really depends on the snow. 6"-8" of slush can be a killer.

You're probably fine with a 72" plow in most snow. If you do get some heavy/wet stuff you might need to change up your technique and straighten the plow out and then plow at 45 degree angles to the road pushing the piles off to the side. It's a lot of back and forth instead of a nice steady straight ride but sometimes ya just have to do what needs to be done to finish the job.

I plan on upgrading to a 72" loader mounted plow for next winter. I'll probably go with the CT Attachments unit.
Loader Mounted Snow Plow - Compact Tractor Attachments

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
44,799 Posts
My blade is not loader arm mounted but I've been plowing snow with our 2320 and 72" moldboard since I got it in 2008.

Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Agricultural machinery Outdoor power equipment

Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Construction equipment Agricultural machinery

·
Registered
640 Posts
I run a 72” blade off the loader of my 2320. It will push a foot of snow. The one thing I did do beyond the normal skids or feet on the bottom was split a piece of 2” black iron pipe and drive it over the cutting edge. This prevents the blade from digging up my gravel driveway.

Reactions: jc21 and Gizmo2

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
I have a 72" blade on the FEL of my 3520. I bought it from a member here who ran it on his 1-series and he didn't have problems. He just sold the blade because he bought a front mounted blower. I think you'll be OK.

Reactions: Gizmo2
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.