Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With winter right around the corner I wanted to get the 2320 ready for snow duty. Purchased the Curtis All-Steel Cab through ShopGreenDealer at a great price and arranged to pick it up at the factory which is about 25 miles from home. Saved another couple hundred $ by picking it up. The cab installation took about 6 hours and a few beers.

Tonight's task will be to wire-in the roof lights and wiper power. Then on to mounting the front Quick Hitch, 47 Snowblower, Chains, Heavy-Hitch and rear weights.

2014-10-08 21.38.51.jpg 2014-10-08 21.39.09.jpg 2014-10-08 21.39.28.jpg

·
Premium Member
14,104 Posts
Very nice looking cab.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,056 Posts
Darn nice Superglidesport!
Do you have a heater also?
Now that it is on, how long would it take to take it off/put it back on? (without the beer:lol:)

Can the infamous u-joint greasing be done with the cab on?

·
Super Moderator
7,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Gizmo, I don't have the heater option. Had the 2305 previously with Curtis All-Steel Cab and never installed the heater either. Believe it or not the cab will warm-up after a short while and in my experience I usually have the side windows partially open for some ventilation. As far as greasing the front u-joint is concerned I did consider it. The front cowl section of the cab is easily removable but the floorboard is not going to come out without removing the cab. I'll probably bore a hole through the plastic lower dash shroud and also the sheet metal inspection cover to allow access for u-joint maintenance. I'll come up with a large diameter rubber or plastic plug of some sort to cover each of the access holes. As much as I hate to drill holes in equipment it's just too time consuming to remove all those pieces and parts for lube maintenance. How long to remove it? Hard to say but it would be fairly difficult to do without some disassembly and without scratching things up. It's a very close & tight fit on the machine.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,056 Posts
Thanks Superglidesport. I've often thought about a cab but having the BH sort of makes me drop the thought. I assume the cabs are pretty much on for the duration.

·
Registered
489 Posts
must.... clean.... up...... drool.

The thought of a cab is so nice for the winter but with a 3pt blower and looking at those rear windows, the manual chute handle probably wouldn't be an option.

·
Super Moderator
7,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Man, I'm jealous of that garage. What are those like 12' or 14' ceilings? So much room for activities.
The barn is 30' W X 40' L. 16' H from the floor to the bottom of the second floor joists. The OH Door is 12' W X 14' H. The second floor is also 16' from the deck to the ridge. Can't have too much room.

·
Super Moderator
7,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Superglidesport. I've often thought about a cab but having the BH sort of makes me drop the thought. I assume the cabs are pretty much on for the duration.
Gizmo,

I believe that the 46 BH would work fine with this cab installed on the 2320. Worst possible case is the rear window panel might need to be removed. That being said it is kind of a chore to remove and reinstall the cab on a seasonal basis.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts