Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed tonight while moving snow that the fuel gauge on my 2320 was still at "full" when I last filled the tank a month ago. When I checked the level with a flashlight through the fill cap, I noticed that there was only about 1/4 tank left. Has anyone else had this issue? Is the sender on the tank bad?
Thanks in advance,
JDFun

·
Administrator
22,406 Posts
Check the wiring to the sender first. The FSM (factory service manual) will have the procedure to test the sender also with a ohm-meter.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check the wiring to the sender first. The FSM (factory service manual) will have the procedure to test the sender also with a ohm-meter.
Kenny, where do I find a FSM? Is it available on-line, or does it need to be purchased through my dealer? If so, I wonder how much it is.
Thanks,
JDFun

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I forgot to mention that while the tractor always says it is full, when I turn the key to the off position, the needle drops to empty as it should because the sender is not powered.

·
Administrator
22,406 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you ever get this fixed jdfun?
I checked the connections to the sender last night and they were fine. I wish I could get a hold of a field service manual to at least check to see if this issue is covered in there. I may purchase the DVD version, but it is still $50. I may remove the sender tomorrow if I have time to see if I can see if there is anything wrong with it. Thanks.
JDfun

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UPDATE: I bought a TSM and followed the procedure for determining if the sender is bad. Everything checked out ok. I even pulled the sender out and moved the float by hand and watched the needle go up and down.

I then put the sender back in the fuel tank and used a wooden yardstick to push the float down while in the tank and the needle moved then also.

At this point I was scratching my head a bit and wondered what the fuel level actually was. I pushed the yardstick all the way to the bottom of the tank and the fuel level was at 10"; the measurement from the bottom of the tank to the neck at the fill hole is 15". Simple arithmetic tells me that the level should read roughly 2/3rds, correct? Or am I expecting too much accuracy out od this unit? What has anyone else seen on their units?

Thanks,
Jdfun

·
Registered
64 Posts
UPDATE: I bought a TSM and followed the procedure for determining if the sender is bad. Everything checked out ok. I even pulled the sender out and moved the float by hand and watched the needle go up and down.

I then put the sender back in the fuel tank and used a wooden yardstick to push the float down while in the tank and the needle moved then also.

At this point I was scratching my head a bit and wondered what the fuel level actually was. I pushed the yardstick all the way to the bottom of the tank and the fuel level was at 10"; the measurement from the bottom of the tank to the neck at the fill hole is 15". Simple arithmetic tells me that the level should read roughly 2/3rds, correct? Or am I expecting too much accuracy out od this unit? What has anyone else seen on their units?

Thanks,
Jdfun
Did you ever resolve this and if so how? My 2009 2320 is doing exactly the same thing. I’ve been working on hilly terrain and all of a sudden it is reading full all the time but goes down to empty when I kill the engine. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.