Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I overfilled the tank accidentally and I’ve been on hilly terrain. I’m guessing the float got pushed too far up and got stuck. I can’t locate the float on the parts diagram. I’ve read a post by jdfun who had the same problem and in it he said he was able to push the float down manually. I just can’t locate the sucker. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. Can anyone show me the the float on a diagram. The only float I found listed was the one on the fuel filter. Gauge is stuck on full.

In other news I finally got water to my shop build site. A plumber quoted me $8000 :gizmo:to run 500ft of 2
“ pvc line with 2 freezeless faucets. Not having $8000 dollars I decided to do it myself. Since then i’ve discovered why he wanted so much money. Rock and shale. Lol Rented an excavator and semi-taught myself how to use it. Rock piles every where. Sanded the ditch, hired a different plumber to lay the line ( I can’t work on my feet because of Small Fiber Neuropathy). More sand on top and filled back in with rocks and a little dirt. Been using my 2320 with a 48” frontier power rake to clean up all the left over rocks. Thank you power rake. Those things are amazing. Extra rock is now lining my drainage ditches. Got it done for $3600 and kept the rest in my pocket. Boy, I love working on this tractor. It’s seriously the only time I don’t think about my legs and feet hurting. Great diversion therapy. If I could fish from it I’d be in heaven. Dang, just got an idea. Build a pond with the tractor and troll from the banks on on the green machine. Time to go give 2320 her first bath on site.

PS Our local JD dealer Maus implements went under water during the Arkansas River flooding but managed to continue services thei customers from other location. Way to go green guys and gals.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
The gauge is labeled a "Fuel Sender" on the parts diagram. In a shopping cart, it appears as "Fuel Pickup - Gauge."

#28 in the parts diagram. It looks to me like it could be jiggled with a piece of clean wire.

SenderDiagram.jpg

Sender.jpg

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The gauge is labeled a "Fuel Sender" on the parts diagram. In a shopping cart, it appears as "Fuel Pickup - Gauge."

#28 in the parts diagram. It looks to me like it could be jiggled with a piece of clean wire.

View attachment 690744

View attachment 690746
Thanks, I saw that but it had nothing on it resembling what I thought a float would look like. I’ll check it out and post the results. I’m guessing that block looking thing at the lower end of that wire/rod is the float.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I saw that but it had nothing on it resembling what I thought a float would look like. I’ll check it out and post the results. I’m guessing that block looking thing at the lower end of that wire/rod is the float.
Ran a piece of bent wire down the tank in the direction of fuel sender float. When I pushed down on it the gauge responded and dropped but always popped right back up to full when I let go. Can’t actually see what’s going on down there. Going to bring it to my house in town to further investigate. I need to grease the u-joints again anyways. Just did them a couple of months ago but i’ve been wracking up the hours lately. I’ve put more hours on this machine in 6 months than the previous owner did in 9 years. Beats working on my throbbing feet.

Caught some old wire fencing in the power rake today. Fun, fun, fun pulling it out for over an hour.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I overfilled the tank accidentally and I’ve been on hilly terrain. I’m guessing the float got pushed too far up and got stuck. I can’t locate the float on the parts diagram. I’ve read a post by jdfun who had the same problem and in it he said he was able to push the float down manually. I just can’t locate the sucker. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. Can anyone show me the the float on a diagram. The only float I found listed was the one on the fuel filter. Gauge is stuck on full.

In other news I finally got water to my shop build site. A plumber quoted me $8000 :gizmo:to run 500ft of 2
“ pvc line with 2 freezeless faucets. Not having $8000 dollars I decided to do it myself. Since then i’ve discovered why he wanted so much money. Rock and shale. Lol Rented an excavator and semi-taught myself how to use it. Rock piles every where. Sanded the ditch, hired a different plumber to lay the line ( I can’t work on my feet because of Small Fiber Neuropathy). More sand on top and filled back in with rocks and a little dirt. Been using my 2320 with a 48” frontier power rake to clean up all the left over rocks. Thank you power rake. Those things are amazing. Extra rock is now lining my drainage ditches. Got it done for $3600 and kept the rest in my pocket. Boy, I love working on this tractor. It’s seriously the only time I don’t think about my legs and feet hurting. Great diversion therapy. If I could fish from it I’d be in heaven. Dang, just got an idea. Build a pond with the tractor and troll from the banks on on the green machine. Time to go give 2320 her first bath on site.

PS Our local JD dealer Maus implements went under water during the Arkansas River flooding but managed to continue services thei customers from other location. Way to go green guys and gals.[/QUO

Pulled the float unit part #28. Had some rust at the top. Cleaned it, lubed and stuck it back. Worked outside the tank and as I was lowering it into the tank. Reads full but my tank is full so I’ll see if it’s cured later.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Thanks for the follow-up! Let us know if your repair cured the problem.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will do as soon as I run some diesel out of it. Got milky transmission fluid in the view window so I need to fix that first, but that’s going to be in a new post asking for help.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Problem cured. I guess pulling it out, cleaning and lubing a little did the trick. Will be filling after each use to avoid condensation in the tank from now on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts