Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys-
while sitting around waiting for my new 2320 to show up, I was thinking about extra stuff I might "need" for it. Particularly, I was thinking about the ROPS mounted forward and reverse work lights. Has anyone ever installed them? What is the cost? Do I need the beefier alternator to make them work? Waiting for this thing is more difficult than I first thought.....
thanks.

·
Administrator
21,048 Posts

·
Registered
3046R with 385a, 320R.
886 Posts
2320 ROPS lights

Since you asked and I have not spread a lot of love on this forum, others have seen enough of me.
I added 2 lights to mine but wired them to the battery with their own switch. they worked great this past winter blowing the driveway. Cost was about $30 total. got the lights from Harbor Freight and a switch and wire from an auto parts store. I did add longer bolts to the lights so they extended through the rops.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
I have not spread a lot of love on this forum, others have seen enough of me.
Now, I have to ask, why is that? Are you holding out on us? Sure would like to see more of your handy work. Looks like you know what you're doin'. Hey, it isn't something I said, was it?:mocking:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so is the larger alternator required? I was thinking of a forward facing set and a rearward facing set.
thanks!

·
Registered
3046R with 385a, 320R.
886 Posts
Kennyd alerted me to this site only recently.
Thanks for the kind words Randy. I feel I am cheap enough labor and growing up helping dad every weekend around the house has taught me some invaluable skills.
if I can't do it, well I will try hard enough to either get it done or break it beyond repair, win win.

Now, I have to ask, why is that? Are you holding out on us? Sure would like to see more of your handy work. Looks like you know what you're doin'. Hey, it isn't something I said, was it?:mocking:

·
Registered
3046R with 385a, 320R.
886 Posts
no since I was running of a new switch directly off the battery and not off the internal electrical system putting extra strain on the alternator.

so is the larger alternator required? I was thinking of a forward facing set and a rearward facing set.
thanks!

·
Administrator
21,048 Posts
I don't think you need to upgrade the aternator either...Mine only puts out 20 amps, and generally while using my ROPS lights the headlights are off anyway so there is not much additional load. Just don't add a lot of stuff to the factory harness-create a new circuit from the battery through a relay for the extra load.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts