Green Tractor Talk banner

241 - 241 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am posting to show that I have had success greasing this puppy. I followed pruav's post #69 from this thread and bought the grease gun end listed by hotfeet in the previous post. I took the extension off of the grease gun tip because I needed to have the correct threads. I was able to get it greased in about an hour. It could have been done faster but it was my first time and I did not know my way around the bolts and the like. I have posted some photos to show that I was able to get in there with a regular John Deere grease gun. I also did not disconnect the cruise or parking brakes. I used a strap to hold the bottom dash out of the way. I saw grease coming out of the u-joint but I dont know that it came out of all of the caps. But I could feel and hear when it started going into the u-joint. I pumped in a few pumps and then ran the engine for 30 seconds and then put in a few more pumps. Here is to hoping it worked. I am at about 450 hours and I dont think it has ever been done before. It looked really clean in there. I am the second owner.
Glad the swivel solution worked for you. Thanks for posting. It will go much faster next time around.

241 - 241 of 241 Posts