Green Tractor Talk banner

2320 or 2520?

7K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  BD670 
#1 ·
I am looking to get a new tractor. I currently have a kubota bx 2230. It does everything I need it to, but I would like a bigger tractor. I originaly started looking at kubotas than i stopped at the local deere dealer and I really like the 2320. It feels very comfortable and is very well built. I will getting a fel and a mmm. It will be used mainly to cut the grass (2 acres), push snow, and move some dirt and gravel from time to time. I just worry if the 2320 will have enough power. The dealer has a 2320 on there lot and they said it would be August before they would have a 2520. Should I wait or would the 2320 work good for what I need it for?

#2 ·
There is only 2.5 HP difference between those two models. A GOOD salesman can help you to decide if you need the extra horses.

#3 ·
The salesman said that it would work good for what I would use it for. Its just hard to tell if he is just trying to make a sale. I was wondering if anyone on this site has a 2320 and if they wish they had bought a 2520 or if they are very happy with the 2320 and no regrets with buying it. Thanks for the response kjung

#4 ·
I suspect some owners will happen along, with their opinions. There are a lot of those little tractors out there. Very reliable little machine. Good luck with your search.

#6 ·
I have a 2320 and love it. FEL and 62D. Half my land is flat and half quite steep. The mowing deck doesn't like it if I let the grass get too long - just something to be prepared for. A PTO slasher will happily cut down 2 foot long grass but the mowing decks really want you to keep on top of your mowing program. Not an issue for me, but if you were going to go two months without mowing you'd be in trouble.

I do wish I had more power mowing up a steep bank, but my personal view is that the 2520, or 2720 would not be enough power to make the difference - personal opinion obviously.

If your land is mostly flat I'd save the money and buy more attachments :)

Hope that helps.

#7 ·
That is a tough call, they are both great machines! The incentives on the 2520 make it almost a no-brainier but the August delivery date makes it a tough wait, they are selling fast because of the $2500 promotion.

I suspect from what you wrote, the 2320 will more than satisfy your needs and will serve you well-add to that the ability to get it now makes it even more attractive.

#8 ·
Based on your post, I think the 2320 is the way to go. You said your BX does what you need, and the 2320 will just do it better. Also, you said it will be mainly for cutting grass. The 2320 has a deck height adjuster built in. There is a "kit" available for the 2520 at extra cost. As far as power goes, the 2320 will run out of traction long before it runs out of power. So unless you need the PTO horsepower for chippers and such, I don't see it being an issue for you. Good luck! :thumbup1gif:

#10 ·
I've been happy with my 2320. However since you already have a tractor I dont see why you can't wait until August for a 2520.

#11 ·
I'm still waiting for my 2520, my dealer is supposed to have it next week. The main reason why I went with the 2520 over the 2320 is for the direct injection diesel. My brother has the 2320 which is indirect injection and I just found it way to noisy, the 2520 is much quieter.

T-Klash

#15 ·
I spent weeks talking to several dealers about the same decision, though I was going from a JD 2305 so the 2320 would have been just one marginal step up. The 2320 was actually my gut choice for my needs but the 2520 gave me some growing room. It has much faster hydraulics, dual hydraulic pumps, a more robust transmission, direct injection, and more ground clearance. If I had flat land, I could have used it to mow, but our slopes forced me to split the task off to a dedicated mower by going with the 2520. With the 2320, I probably would have forced using it as a mower and possibly regretted it. Even though I received a lot of advice that the 2520 could be used to mow my land, I knew better and thankfully listened to my intuition. That machine is a monster on grass with its big R4 tires (relative to the 2305).

There isn't really a huge practical difference between these two machines. It's all nuance. Everyone's input is helpful, but only you can ultimately make the decision based on your settings, tasks to be done, economics, tolerance on availability, etc.

In any case, welcome to Green!:thumbup1gif:

#16 ·
I just hit 10 hrs on my 2320 and can say power has been just fine. It mows really well, If i have to go up a steep slope slow I just hit low and its over. If I was going to be doing a ton of FEL work or powering a log splitter I would have gone with the 2520 but becouse the majority of my work is mowing and snow removal I couldnt justify the extra money and time for the 2520 and so far I am good with my choice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.