Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! Today I was pushing snowbanks back & my 2320 made a screeching noise followed by clicks & stopped moving. It was in low range. Under no strain It'll move itself. High range still works fine. It's a 2010 year model & only has 103hrs on it. It's had its 50 hr service. Any ideas? I'm mechanically inclined but wanted to ask first; don't want to make it worse! Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
20,917 Posts
Welcome to GTT!

Stupid question.....have you checked your fluid level?

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,875 Posts
Have no clue but sure am curious.
BTW welcome to GTT Lee MacE

·
Administrator
18,351 Posts
Reactions: sterling40man

·
Registered
1,542 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,875 Posts
I have to agree with ChrisR.

·
Administrator
18,351 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,875 Posts
Does reverse act the same as forward in in low range?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Folks

It's me again. Don't know what happened but I ended up re-registering. Anyway; about the 2320. A bearing in the transmission front cover jammed, in turn it spun in its seat & came apart.Parts of the bearing dropped out & fell to the bottom of the case & got caught between a gear & the case, putting a hole in the transmission case itself. The shaft that the bearing was supporting moved around & some of the gears on the shaft had some of their teeth broken. In the end it needed : transmission case & front cover, gears replaced, the bearing that caused all of this & fluids & filters. Oh; and approx 20 hrs labor because everything had to come out of the old case & be installed into the new.
The Mechanic said he's never seen this in his 30 yrs with JD & he's trying to get them to cover it as it has so few hrs & it's obviously a part failure, not abuse. We'll see what the final tally is this Fri.

·
Registered
291 Posts
It's me again. Don't know what happened but I ended up re-registering. Anyway; about the 2320. A bearing in the transmission front cover jammed, in turn it spun in its seat & came apart.Parts of the bearing dropped out & fell to the bottom of the case & got caught between a gear & the case, putting a hole in the transmission case itself. The shaft that the bearing was supporting moved around & some of the gears on the shaft had some of their teeth broken. In the end it needed : transmission case & front cover, gears replaced, the bearing that caused all of this & fluids & filters. Oh; and approx 20 hrs labor because everything had to come out of the old case & be installed into the new.
The Mechanic said he's never seen this in his 30 yrs with JD & he's trying to get them to cover it as it has so few hrs & it's obviously a part failure, not abuse. We'll see what the final tally is this Fri.
Holy cow that sux. Sure hope JD comes through for you.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,875 Posts
Damn leemace, as Saskman49 said, hope JD comes through for you. Any idea what the cost is?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
WOW! What a bad break. We can only hope that mother Deere will come through. Keep us posted.

·
Administrator
20,917 Posts
Man, that sucks....Hopefully JD will help you out. :good2:

PM me about your GTT account. I may be able to fix you up. :hi:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,875 Posts
I wonder if the labor savings would make up for the part cost on a complete new hydro unit.

Either way, hopefully JD can help you with it!
Thought the same thing but I guess it doesn't matter now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts