Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Randy and Kenny asked me to post this and I've been a little deliquent, busy doing 'stuff' with the 2320! Here is the toolbox/mount I made for my 2320. First, a background of "design rules" for my project.

1. I wanted to stay away from the right side of the machine as I plan to get power beyond at some point (which as I am told, at least, mounts to the bracket on the right side).

2. I did not want to drill any holes in the machine (so use existing holes only).

This did limit the size of the toolbox I could install, so I went with a Plano 114-002 13" plastic toolbox. My dad scored me a 2'x2' piece of 16ga CRS from his shop for free...hard to go wrong for that price :thumbup1gif:. You can see the box and mounts in the pictures below. The mount is 2 pieces: The part on which the toolbox sits, and the bracket toward the end that attaches to the horizontal part of the frame to the left of the top link retainer. I cut the 16ga CRS with my grinder and a cutting wheel and bent it on the press break at the model shop in the lab at which I work. Also, to reinforce the bottom of the box itself, I made a plate for it and ran the bolts through to the brackets I made.

-JDfun

Vehicle Machine Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Light Automotive exterior Bumper Automotive exterior Bumper Machine Automotive window part Auto part Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Engine Technology Automotive exterior Electronic device

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
I agree that this was well done. The only thing I'd add is a black nylon hole plug from the hardware store to cover the hole in the ROPS for a finished look.

·
Administrator
21,063 Posts
Nice job JDF, thanks for posting:good2:

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Mission accomplished. :thumbup1gif: Very well done, JDF. Now you have to fill it up with tools. Soooooo, what's the next mod.?

·
Artillian Tractor, LLC
1,541 Posts
JDfun,

Beautiful work. Nice result. Looks like the work of an entreprenuer in the making.

I wonder, though, why do you want a Power Beyond kit? Because if it is going to be for a backhoe, well, the toolbox might be in the way just a little bit.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JDfun,

Beautiful work. Nice result. Looks like the work of an entreprenuer in the making.

I wonder, though, why do you want a Power Beyond kit? Because if it is going to be for a backhoe, well, the toolbox might be in the way just a little bit.
Ensoll -
Good point on the backhoe...I was not thinking of getting one anytime soon and was not considering that the primary reason for getting the power beyond. I have some other ideas for which the PB would be handy.
-JDfun

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mission accomplished. :thumbup1gif: Very well done, JDF. Now you have to fill it up with tools. Soooooo, what's the next mod.?
Randy -
The next mod is going to be protectors for the hazard lights on which I can mount forward/reverse worklights. Could not see dropping $50 on the ones from JD.
-JDfun

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
looks factory, you should make them and sell them on ebay for like 150 with the box included

Reactions: FormulaB
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.