Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found out today while removing our forks the 24" tines will not hold the Horst Frame up without some sort of extra weight or blocking.
Do the 24" tines hold the Artillian forks up after they are removed from the tractor?

·
Administrator
17,973 Posts
To much "junk in the trunk" eh? :laugh: :lol:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like I said, I was built for comfort not speed.:thumbup1gif:
Getting closer and closer to ordering an Artillian frame.

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Found out today while removing our forks the 24" tines will not hold the Horst Frame up without some sort of extra weight or blocking.
Do the 24" tines hold the Artillian forks up after they are removed from the tractor?
Gizmo,

The Artillian forks won't fall over with the 24" forks on the frame. With the backrest added it's less stable, but should still not fall over. If someone wanted to ensure stability, they'd just have to set the forks down on a piece of wood under the fork heels (fork bends) to tip the set forward a bit. With my own set, I just slide the forks into a pallet when I disconnect. That way, it can virtually never move even if bumped. But I do this with all fork lengths, not just the 24's.

Sorry for the delayed response. I took my first two days off this year for a long weekend up to Maine for my favorite lady's birthday. She has to come first once in a while...! :tongue: :laugh:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will the dollies work with the 24"tines?

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Will the dollies work with the 24"tines?
Yes, although I imagine your 4" wide carts will look a little large on the 3" wide forks. Have you tried the carts on your fork set with the 24" tines mounted? They might help lean the set forward enough to stay upright due to the taper of the tine.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, although I imagine your 4" wide carts will look a little large on the 3" wide forks. Have you tried the carts on your fork set with the 24" tines mounted? They might help lean the set forward enough to stay upright due to the taper of the tine.
Not falling for that one. You just want me to have another big chip in my concrete floor.:lol:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On second thought, let me see if I can put a set together as described. We don't want Mrs Gizmo getting hurt.
Orders are pending, put a rush on it! :munch:

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Here's a set with 24" forks, a Backrest, on Caster Carts. The carts add quite a bit of stability and were easily rolled across this diamond plate floor with bolt heads protruding. (The 3" carts shown are the pre-production versions that have welded on wheels and paint instead of bolt on wheels and powder coat.) Your 4" Caster Carts would be even more stable as they are designed for a heavier system.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, after taking these photos, I rolled the set back over to its display platform made from a covered over pallet, picked up the whole set, and placed it on the platform. I won't say it is trivial, but it's doable. I wouldn't even try that with any others. "Just sayin!" :wink:

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts