Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions on how to remove the gas tank on a 240. How do you remove the rear fenders? Any suggestions would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
7,453 Posts
I had a 285, might be the same procedure.

Remove the seat to make the fender assembly lighter. Pay attention to the seat switch wires, how they are routed.

Disconnect the lift handle for the deck, two bolts from below.

I remove the foot rests and tunnel cover. You have to remove the trim at the front, wraps around steering column, two screws. Remove height knob. Three bolts, each side, from below, two are to front of fenders, one is forward. Remove foot rests and tunnel cover, note it (tunnel cover) has "lip" that engages the front of the fenders, that's why I remove it. Some just work the fenders out from under this lip.

Two bolts at rear of fenders, remove gas cap and fenders lift off. Careful with the seat switch wires.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gas Tank Removal.

I had a 285, might be the same procedure.

Remove the seat to make the fender assembly lighter. Pay attention to the seat switch wires, how they are routed.

Disconnect the lift handle for the deck, two bolts from below.

I remove the foot rests and tunnel cover. You have to remove the trim at the front, wraps around steering column, two screws. Remove height knob. Three bolts, each side, from below, two are to front of fenders, one is forward. Remove foot rests and tunnel cover, note it (tunnel cover) has "lip" that engages the front of the fenders, that's why I remove it. Some just work the fenders out from under this lip.

Two bolts at rear of fenders, remove gas cap and fenders lift off. Careful with the seat switch wires.
Thanks for the input. Your directions worked.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts