Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, first post.

I have a 245 loader on a 2355 run off on of the rear remotes.
The bucket settles ~1" per minute, the loader doesn't move at all.
Been going on for a couple of months, decided it was a PITA so
Started troubleshooting.

1- curled bucket, disconnected quick connects from control valve. Still settles
2- isolated each ram and didn't settle
3- by passed pressure relief valve. Still settles
4- cracked JIC's at tee's and did get some air out. Still settles same rate

Note: As bucket settles, when moving joy stick to re curl it, there is a delay and it acts like there is air in the loop.

Any ideas appreciated !

·
Administrator
18,001 Posts
Welcome to GTT,
Sounds like one (or both) of your curl cylinders are leaking internally, time to rebuild them. FYI its best to do them in pairs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to GTT,
Sounds like one (or both) of your curl cylinders are leaking internally, time to rebuild them. FYI its best to do them in pairs.
I should have clarified. I isolated each curl cylinder one at a time and had no bucket lowering, that's why I went to relief valve next.
Now I'm stumped....:) Thanks !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Solved

I should have clarified. I isolated each curl cylinder one at a time and had no bucket lowering, that's why I went to relief valve next.
Now I'm stumped....:) Thanks !
Went back to repeat some troubleshooting.
-Swapped loader line and bucket lines to different spools on control valve. Still leaked down.
-Right curl cylinder: Isolated it and put the feed lines to the cylinder back into system loop. No leak down
-Left curl cylinder: Isolated it and put the feed lines to the cylinder back into system loop. LEAKED down.

What happened yesterday was I capped the feed lines, so the right cylinder was holding. Being in a loop
the blow by allowed it to go down.

Seal kits ordered. Thank you !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts