Great Job

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Great idea. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
21,436 Posts
Every time I use my spot sprayer I struggle with the hose. I have a total of 40’ of hose. I just loop it on the sprayer tank when done.

I really need a setup like you have. Care to share what exactly it is - brand and where you purchased?

·
Premium Member
10,913 Posts
That is a nice clean setup but I'm just curious, why do you need such a long hose? I have the same sprayer and since it is mounted to my "self propelled" tractor it is easy to drive the whole thing to within factory hose length of whatever I am spraying. :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is a nice clean setup but I'm just curious, why do you need such a long hose? I have the same sprayer and since it is mounted to my "self propelled" tractor it is easy to drive the whole thing to within factory hose length of whatever I am spraying. :)
It was a pain gathering up the hose and drive another 20ft. I’ve got beds spread all around on 1.5ac. It made the job so easy now feeding the flowerbeds.

·
Registered
21,436 Posts
I don’t know how many times I didn’t realize this......most of what I need to spray can be done from the seat.

·
Premium Member
10,913 Posts
I don’t know how many times I didn’t realize this......most of what I need to spray can be done from the seat.
That’s exactly how I do it with my 25-gallon sprayer. I keep the factory hose mostly rolled up around the tank and only uncurl a few feet, enough for me to hold the wand with my left hand while I drive around the property spraying everything. I never leave the operators seat.

·
Registered
21,436 Posts
That’s exactly how I do it with my 25-gallon sprayer. I keep the factory hose mostly rolled up around the tank and only uncurl a few feet, enough for me to hold the wand with my left hand while I drive around the property spraying everything. I never leave the operators seat.
Next time I spray you will have to send me a reminder....

I just spot sprayed my driveway on Monday. I put new stone down - of course sprayed all the grass before hand - then had a couple peepers to take care of. And again - I got on and off the tractor probably 4 times - each time wrestling with the hose.

And I was on the driveway.......

Why can’t I remember to do it from the seat - I just don’t know.....

·
Premium Member
7,888 Posts
Nice Job. :good2:

I put my tank in the back of the Gator and like you, for my application I am on foot most of the time.

I hope to add a hose reel like that at some point.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
fence line spraying

I did that about a month ago on about a mile of fence line. It worked well although here and there I must have not been paying attention as I can see a missed wiggle or two. It beat the heck out of the hand sprayer though.

Treefarmer

1 - 13 of 13 Posts