Green Tractor Talk banner

25 gal sprayer

4K views 30 replies 7 participants last post by  cc1999 
#1 ·
I have a JD x584. I was thinking about getting the mounted sprayer . Which one do I get? Lp22861 or 22862? I currently own the 14 bushel bagger system ,but don’t have the click and mount system. Am I better of buy that kit and getting 22862 ? Does the 22862 version come with the normal mounting bars too? So that I don’t have to get the kit right away?
thanks
Steve

#2 ·
The LP22862 sprayer uses the Click-n-Go mounting system which is used on the X700 series tractors and OLDER X400/500. Keep in mind that the older X4xx and X5xx were the same as today's X700.

What you have is a X584. You need the LP22861 sprayer that fits the current X300/X500 series tractors.

#3 · (Edited)
The LP22862 sprayer uses the Click-n-Go mounting system on the x700 series as well.
I just used my sprayer for the first time this morning. It worked nicely.

#6 ·
The LP22862 sprayer uses the Click-n-Go mounting system

I just used mine for the first time this morning. It worked nicely.
You have a X700-series machine. The OP has a X584... apples and oranges. :)

#5 ·
I think we're all confused. :) The Click-n-Go system is not for the X300/X500. It is only for the X700-series machines.

For those with a X700, you must first purchase the Click-n-Go option (BM20714). Then if you buy the correct mounted sprayer it attaches to these brackets.

For X300/500 tractors, the mounting system is completely different. All the required hardware comes with the sprayer for the X300/500. You do not need to unbolt anything to remove bracket "H". It is held in place with two hairpins "I".

Now, if you are saying you have somehow adapted a Click-N-Go system to your X580, then I am at a loss. :)

#8 ·
That bracket does not mount flush to the rear panel on the tractor, it is spaced out a bit. The installation instructions mentions 4WS tractors. Before purchasing I would verify the X584 is on the list but it looks like they've taken 4WS models into account.

#9 ·
My bad.
Sorry for the confusion!!!
I was more referencing the sprayer and operation.

Reactions: Sme29 and jgayman
#12 ·
Without seeing more details of exactly how your bagging system attaches, it is impossible to say.

#13 ·
I've been through this mixer/spreader/sprayer thing over the past few years. I have been through the JD electric spreader (nice), JD PTO driven spreaders, pull behind, and a few different sprayers. Last week I ordered the sprayer and spreader that will resolve all of my issues with either a sprayer or spreader.

Top of the list;
Chapin mixes on exit 15 or 25 gallon sprayer.
No mixing, no waste, different solutions can be setup in a couple of minutes, no chemical waste, little exposure to chemical, made in USA.

Chapin 97761 Mixes On Exit 25-Gallon Tow Behind Sprayer

For seed;
Chapin 8620B 150-Pound Tow Behind Spreader
Graduated and exact flow control and the flow stops when you stop. NO levers or cables to push/pull or break. No turning around in the seat, decent capacity for small acreage, well built, and built in the USA.

Both of these fit the OPS needs without additional hardware needed for his tractor.

#14 ·
Chapin 8620B 150-Pound Tow Behind Spreader
Graduated and exact flow control and the flow stops when you stop. NO levers or cables to push/pull or break. No turning around in the seat, decent capacity for small acreage, well built, and built in the USA.

Both of these fit the OPS needs without additional hardware needed for his tractor.
Interesting. The manual gives a lot of assembly information but doesn't say much about actually using it. If it starts and stops when the tractor starts and stops, how do you travel from one area to the next without dispensing material? Example, I was to fill it up in the garage and drive out to the back yard to spread. I wouldn't want to be spreading material the whole way out to the back yard.

#15 ·
Here is someone else who is testing a similar sprayer.

#17 ·
After using a towable sprayer and spreader for years, I have to say the newer Rear Mounted Sprayer and Spreaders are light years easier to use. On the separate tanks for mixing, Imho I don't see the need, at least for me. For my one acre lot, I know exactly how many OZ to a tank I need for a proper mix, so it's pretty easy. I suppose for larger areas this could be helpful in some cases?

#18 ·
After using a towable sprayer and spreader for years, I have to say the newer Rear Mounted Sprayer and Spreaders are light years easier to use. On the separate tanks for mixing, Imho I don't see the need, at least for me. For my one acre lot, I know exactly how many OZ to a tank I need for a proper mix, so it's pretty easy. I suppose for larger areas this could be helpful in some cases?
Mounted sprayer yes but I'm still not sold on the mounted spreader. They typically shoot way too much material up into the back of the tractor. I don't have that problem with the tow-behind spreader.

#19 ·
Interesting the mix on exit sprayer. Never heard of such a thing.

I see a lot of threads of sprayers and little thought put into calibration, keeping pesticide on target and proper timing of applications. Half the battle is knowing what to use and when. I see a lot of really bad information given out. Remember, the label is the law. FIFRA.

Hope it works out for you.

#23 ·
The 25 Gal sprayer mentioned at the start of the thread by the OP.
Is the exact sprayer I was looking at as well for my X758.
However my X7 has a 3pt and an I-match setup.
Anyone know a way to get a adapter or something to make this click n go sprayer setup fit an I-match cat 1 hitch?

#24 ·
The 25 Gal sprayer mentioned at the start of the thread by the OP.
Is the exact sprayer I was looking at as well for my X758.
However my X7 has a 3pt and an I-match setup.
Anyone know a way to get a adapter or something to make this click n go sprayer setup fit an I-match cat 1 hitch?
The 25 gallon sprayer does not come in a 3-point hitch version. You would need to fabricate your own mounting method to get it to be compatible with a 3PH.

One option would be to get a 3PH carryall, attach a wooden platform and mount the tank of the sprayer directly to the playform. If you were going to go that route it would be silly to pay the high price for the JD 25-gallon sprayer. You could get an ATV sprayer for half the price from someplace like Northern Tool and mount the tank to the carry all.

Reactions: cc1999 and BigJim55
#26 ·
I did finally find a 3pt option for a 26 gal sprayer.
Says 6 week lead time though. Price is decent at $389.00
I think a 25 gal is really a more manageable size for a X7.

However I know the quality of the JD sprayers are good since I have much larger one already, I know parts are readily available if needed as well from a JD dealer, which I have several near me.
I am still a little temped to go ahead go for the JD 45 gal 3pt model. I just know I don't need 45 gallon capacity and I think that might be a little much for the X7 weight wise. I suppose since you don't have to fill it all the way up that it would be fine.

#27 ·
I did finally find a 3pt option for a 26 gal sprayer.
Says 6 week lead time though. Price is decent at $389.00
I think a 25 gal is really a more manageable size for a X7.

However I know the quality of the JD sprayers are good since I have much larger one already, I know parts are readily available if needed as well from a JD dealer, which I have several near me.
I am still a little temped to go ahead go for the JD 45 gal 3pt model. I just know I don't need 45 gallon capacity and I think that might be a little much for the X7 weight wise. I suppose since you don't have to fill it all the way up that it would be fine.
As you know the JD sprayers are made by Superior Tech. I have the 25 gallon mounted sprayer. There really isn't anything that differentiates them from any other 15-25 gallon sprayer out there. The tank is identical to what everyone else uses except it is yellow. The pump is just average at 2.1 GPM and the pressure is not adjustable. A lot of other sprayers out there have better pumps that have adjustable pressure.

As for parts, my experience has been the JD dealers do not stock any parts. The part numbers listed on the illustrated parts diagram are not in the JD Parts system. My wand broke shortly after I bought mine and when I contacted the dealer they didn't even know how to get me a replacement. I contacted Superior Tech directly and they sent me a new wand. So I give an A+ to Superior Tech in the support department.

Below is the exploded parts diagram for my 25 gallon mounted sprayer as well as the parts list. You won't find any of these parts on JD Parts but Superior Tech may be able to help you out.

Reactions: cc1999
#28 ·
I will echo that ST is great to work with. I actually had an old trunk mounted 15 Gal Sprayer that I used for years on my LX188. When I upgraded to the x540, I contacted them, and they were very helpful in pulling together all of the part numbers for the bracketry to adapt my existing 15 Gal tank assembly to the x500 series, and saved a good amount of dough in the process. For my 1 acre property, with actually around 3/4 acre grass, 15 Gal is perfect.

To J's point, definitely go to ST directly if you ever need any replacement parts.

#30 ·
Hi Sme - This was 7 years ago now, but I seem to recall that it was pretty reasonable, and want to say I saved about 50% over buying the complete 25 Gal. I did buy everything but the tank assembly, so pretty much everything you have circled, including the boom. I know I did not buy the adaptor, #56, and I'm unclear about #52. I have an aux fused hardness in back for winter lighting, which is switched, so I use that as a power lead in the summer for the Spreader and Sprayer. Seems you have this identified well.

#31 ·
I went ahead and ordered the 26 gal Bxpanded 3pt .Model today .

I spoke with both my JD dealer and that BXpanded company today.

JD dealer verified nothing 3pt mounted smaller then that 45 gal , with a boom and everything it was over a grand, I really already have a large sprayer. I figured I would try this cheaper BX 3pt unit that is the smaller size i really needed .
I did verify it is imatch compatible .

Reactions: Boonie
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.