Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been looking for a cheap box blade and i might have found one...found it on craigslist and the guy called me back yesterday. its a 48 inch with scarifiers. king kutter. the guy said he bought it new and used it to level his driveway and just doesnt need it anymore.

im going to see it and hopefully buy it tomorrow or friday.

uploadfromtaptalk1315911216515.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1315911254403.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1315911277538.jpg

does anybody see any reason its not worth $250?

thanks.

·
Administrator
17,250 Posts
Sounds like a good deal for $250

·
Registered
92 Posts
Box Blade

$250 is a great deal. I bought a slightly used 48" from my JD Dealer. Paid $675. Those blades are great. I used mine for about 5 hrs. last weekend. I did my 200 foot driveway and started prep on my 1 1/2 acre yard. When the rough grading is done this week, I will try to get my yard finished and planted this weekend. My 1026R pulled the blade with no power issues. I have to say that the tractor is a workhorse. I'm impressed how much power the tractor has. We use a 60" at our Scout camp and grade about 2 miles of road. A box blade saves us a ton of fuel and makes a great road.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
As long as the BB isn't all dented and bent up, which this one looks to be in fine shape. And as long as all the 3pt and rippers are there and complete, you should be in business. Looks like it is a good deal. We will want to see it in action though.

·
Registered
106 Posts
It is a good price at about half the cost of new. Tractor Supply sells their Country Line branded KK-XB for ~$500. However the XB product line is King Kutters light duty line of equipment meant for smaller subcompacts:

http://www.kingkutter.com/XBProducts.asp?XBProd=48BoxBlade

Make sure the height (12" moldboard) and weight (295lbs) is a good match for your tractor and usage needs.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks dmay for the heads up. i think it will work out fine. i just need to do some minor grading and its sandy soil here so i think this bb and my 2320 will work good together. at least thats what im hoping.

·
GTT Vendor
1,530 Posts
Hey J,

That's the going rate for those. At the time, I had to drive to Troy NY, or someplace out that way, to get mine. I have the same or similar model and paid the same or similar amount - well unless you include the cost of going through the NY toll gate a **little** too fast - twice. :crazy: But that's another story...

As previously stated, as long as it doesn't show signs of abuse, they are pretty bulletproof. I'd also try to find out what tractor it was used on, if possible. If it was used as a practice platform for a tractor pull, you might want to wait for the next one to come along.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks ensoll, i will check and see what tractor it was used on. what i really want to know now is how you got nailed twice on the same trip by the fuzz?

·
GTT Vendor
1,530 Posts
Well, in a nutshell, it's one of the reasons NOT to have a fast lane transponder for toll roads - you don't necessarily find out you are in trouble until the mail arrives a few days later. In my case, I received two envelopes from the NY State Toll system. The first envelope was a warning saying, "Tisk tisk you went through too fast today. Don't do it again the next time!"

However, I had come back through on the return trip and hence the second envelope which had much larger text saying "SUSPENSION NOTICE" :laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well the trip took a lot longer than i thought it would but i got the box blade. he was using it on a 22hp kubota, so its not abused at all. got home late and had to work this morning so i will post some pics when i get home this afternoon...

·
Administrator
17,250 Posts
got it mounted. my youngest is inspecting it...im gonna try to get some action pics tomorrow.
Looks like you got a really nice deal on that. Are you missing the "hoop" that's supposed to hold the FEL hoses up and out of the way?

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
he was using it on a 22hp kubota, so its not abused at all.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Now that is hilarious.

Yup, nice find. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks like you got a really nice deal on that. Are you missing the "hoop" that's supposed to hold the FEL hoses up and out of the way?
kenny- do you mean the one thats up by the arms of the loader? cause that one is there, maybe i just needs to pull them up through a little more.

·
Registered
913 Posts
jruffner,

I believe the 'hoop' that kenny and north country are referencing is the smaller one in the first pic I have attached. I also attached a couple pics from the internet where it is installed correctly.

lost

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,250 Posts
There's a second one that sits just below the forward/reverse pedals. Looks like you're missing that one.
jruffner,I believe the 'hoop' that kenny and north country are referencing is the smaller one in the first pic I have attached. I also attached a couple pics from the internet where it is installed correctly.lost
Yes, that is the one. Seems a lot of dealers do not install it , maybe because a hole needs to drilled in the floor board? Who knows...I can look up the part number later if you need it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I guess I'm missing the same hose support loop also. I guess I never realized that I was supposed to have one. I wonder what the part number is. Was it supposed to be supplied with the loader?

·
GTT Vendor
1,530 Posts
I guess I'm missing the same hose support loop also. I guess I never realized that I was supposed to have one. I wonder what the part number is. Was it supposed to be supplied with the loader?
I believe they come with most any attachment that has hyd lines going toward the front of the tractor.

FWIW, the installation instructions of that hoop dictate that it should be installed with the opening facing to the outside of the tractor. I put mine on with the opening facing inward since the natural path of the hyd lines tends to bow them outward. With the opening facing outward, the odds of the hoses coming out is higher. It doesn't take much effort to feed the hoses up, under and into the hoop with it facing inward. Just to mention...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts